We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Express Train from Olomouc to Prague

NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Express Train from Olomouc to Prague

Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me figure out how to book a train from Olomouc to Prague next week? I heard there's an express train, is that the best way?

Thanks a lot!

9 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,337 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Express Train from Olomouc to Prague

SC Pendolino is the fastest....roughly every two hours during the day, check the timetable..

http://www.cd.cz/en/#

You can buy tickets through CD eshop....(for English click 'en' top line right)

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,113 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Express Train from Olomouc to Prague

Not exactly express...it only saves you about 15mins.

My choice is the newer more modern/nicer trains and service either RegioJet or LeoExpress.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
422 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Express Train from Olomouc to Prague

If LeoExpress, then only Premium Class, or at least not Economy. That is a horrible example of misunderstanding, what a train is/should be. :-) The fastest is Pendolino (15 mins. is about 10% travel time). Or if you don't mind the time that much, then a ride of some train with a proper sit-down dining car can be a nice experience (check www.idos.cz for details and seek for a "fork and knife" symbol). Most of them are only about 10 minutes slower than the Pendolino, and without the annoying obligatory reservation (you can use any train that day, no check-in, even if the ticket is purchased online /for domestic rides/). Actually, as it is less than 2,5 hours from Prague, one can spend all the time in the dining car quite easily. :)

NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Express Train from Olomouc to Prague

:-) I like the idea of spending the time in the dining car very much!!

I misunderstood something I read elsewhere, I thought the usual time from Oloumac to Prague is 3 hours and the express train makes it 1.5 hours.

How about pricing? Does it make a difference booking now or just buying on the day?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,113 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Express Train from Olomouc to Prague

cheaper if you buy ahead but still affordable the day of-..buying an open ticket you are not restricted to a specific time

Olomouc, Czech...
Level Contributor
9 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Express Train from Olomouc to Prague

You can check DISCOVER OLOMOUC website. They have usefull information about how to get from / to Olomouc.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Express Train from Olomouc to Prague

Great info. I would like to travel from Prague to Olomouc. Hoping to travel next year.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,337 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Express Train from Olomouc to Prague

Well, the info is the same, buy tickets from Czech railways, usually no difference in price for domestic trips on the day or via eshop.

For next year's timetable you have to wait for a month at least, or thereabouts.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,113 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Express Train from Olomouc to Prague

Just did this route SAT. ticket via RegjoJet going 220kc. ... returned on LEO with no pre-purchase, just boarded and the cost was more....just over 300kc

to the older posts-shortest is 2hr 3min..on the Pendolino....it saves about 10mins..so no express in CZ. Otherwise, the other services rang from from 2hr 11min - 2hr 27min

Use RegjoJet, LEO...assigned seating, nice newer wagons, attendants, free coffee/ tee

Reply to: Express Train from Olomouc to Prague
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olomouc