We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage ticket in Brno region

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Luggage ticket in Brno region

I checked IDS JMK and found that the free luggage allowance is just 20cm*30cm*50cm which is smaller than in most other occasions.

How strict are the buses (e.g. if I go to Lednice or Mikulov) on this? If I took a suitcase (handcarry size on flights), do I usually need to buy a luggage ticket?

Thanks.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
20,109 posts
85 reviews
1. Re: Luggage ticket in Brno region

A good chance they won't charge you if it is standard size ...no big deal as you pay the driver directly on regional buses anyway so he would include it when he prints your ticket.

You can follow the lead of the other people....for short distances or weekdays, the cargo hold is seldom used... lf you see that the driver opens the cargo hold then you can use it. ..again, most likely not

For the local/regional bus termianl-walk the passage under the train station, then past TESCO..cross the street and walk through the shopping mall to the far end....exit and cross the street again and you will find the bus platforms, ticker boards etc

Edited: 04 May 2016, 20:42
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
20,109 posts
85 reviews
2. Re: Luggage ticket in Brno region

^^^Brno

As an FYI, when you look at bus/train/tram schedules...note the symbol for weekdays..two tools crossed.

-SAT is a 6 and Sunday is a 7or a cross...basically SAT and esp. SUN transport is a little less frequent

pragueoffthemap.com/wp-content/…

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
31,189 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Luggage ticket in Brno region

I've been on buses where people have brought all sorts of things on board, but if it is large the driver will put it in the hold for you.

For times of regional connections, see http://jizdnirady.idnes.cz/idsjmk/spojeni/ - English bottom right.

You don't need to physically cross the street at the end of the shopping centre as there is a footbridge which takes you down to the bus station. It is a huge place and a bit daunting, but in the above link it will tell you which platform the bus goes from.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
4. Re: Luggage ticket in Brno region

Thanks for the replies and reminders about the bus station in Brno.

I plan to take local train from Brno to Podivin and then local bus 555 to Lednice. I will probably buy a 9-zone ticket for the whole trip. (I probably won't be taking luggage if I travel within Brno)

Hope there will be no problem with my trip. Will update here if I encounter any problems eventually.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,116 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: Luggage ticket in Brno region

http://www.vydosbus.cz/upload/24.pdf

I really don't know, but per the conditions you are not supposed to carry anything bigger than what you said in your original post and in addition must not be heavier than 15 kilograms.

6. Re: Luggage ticket in Brno region

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2017, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Brno
Recent Conversations