We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trebic and Telc

Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trebic and Telc

Hi,

I've got the opportunity to visit Brno for work in a few weeks and am taking a few days beforehand to check out the area. I want to visit Olomouc and the local caves, which leaves me one spare day.

I like the look of combining a visit to Trebic and Telc, which are close, but it seems doing both from Brno is tricky.

There's an early train from Brno; 9.20, which gets into Trebic at 10.30. It's the connection from Trebic to Telc that I'm having problems with. Trains seem to take a detour and take a while. Are buses between the two frequent? I'd be looking to leave for Telc around 1-2ish. Even getting back to Brno from Telc seems tough.

Or is Mikluov and Valtice-Lednice more of a sensible day trip? Certainly the train connections work better.

Thanks.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
19,651 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trebic and Telc

Certainly doable,

I see direct bus from Brno to Trebic at 6am and 9am.. a little over an hour.

Trebic to Telc direct buses 43-50mins

These cases, simply pay the driver for each leg

bus/train timetables here jizdnirady.idnes.cz/vlakyautobusy/spojeni/

perhaps take the longer journey to Telc first on a direct bus and work your way back to Trebon and then to Brno

----------

FYI, Brno bus station... behind the train station, then walk through the shopping center at the far end and cross the street..there you will find the local bus station

Edited: 16 March 2016, 23:28
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trebic and Telc

Thanks!

Trains looked tricky but buses are much more possible - that's really useful.

Kevin

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
425 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trebic and Telc

For the Brno - Trebic leg, the train would be preferable, as the station is more centrally-located in Brno. It passes throw some nice scenery as well. From Brno 7:20 or - not on all days - 9:20 am (only use those with "R" that stop only once in between - travel time 1:10). First class might be recommended on this route, as the coaches are mostly old (not dirty or something, just out of date), and for the short distance domestic rides it is not that much of a price difference.

4. Re: Trebic and Telc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2017, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Brno