We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting car at Vienna Airport

Al Khobar, Saudi...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Renting car at Vienna Airport

Dears,

I am going to visit Brno to Attend exhibition.

I wonder if renting car from Vienna Airport is better than riding bus and using taxi inside Brno. I will stay at Maximus hotel.

I do appreciate your valuable advices

4 replies to this topic
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,101 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting car at Vienna Airport

Does the resort not have a shuttle?

Before renting a car, I would see if there is a fee for parking at the resort, if parking is available at the exhibition etc.

Use Uber?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,529 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting car at Vienna Airport

Do you have to stay there? It is a long way from the exhibition centre.

I doubt whether there is a shuttle bus, most would go there by car and remain there.

Uber is banned in Brno.

If you get a car and intend to drive to the exhibition centre you will have problems parking. The best solution is to find a hotel that is closer and use the tram. The bus from Vienna airport is very efficient.

Al Khobar, Saudi...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting car at Vienna Airport

Thanks for your advice.

Regarding the selection of the hotel, I couldn’t find many choices as I decided to attend the exhibition in last minute. On top of that, it is advanced payment so I can’t change it.

Yes they have free parking but it seems that i will use the buss from the Airport then the taxi at Brno,

Thanks again

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,529 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting car at Vienna Airport

That is probably the best idea.

There is a shuttle bus from the hotel to the port (Přístaviště jizdnirady.idnes.cz/info/C3_2/S15270002.htm ) , from where you get no. 1 tram to the exhibition centre - it is a nice relaxing ride through a wooded river valley maximus-resort.cz/en/… you need to be going in the direction of Řečkovice (via the main station/hlavní nádraží) and get off at Výstaviště - hlavní vstup jizdnirady.idnes.cz/info/C3_2/S17680002.htm - main entrance to the exhibition centre.

Reply to: Renting car at Vienna Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brno
Recent Conversations