We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from Brno to Berlin

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
train from Brno to Berlin

We are trying to get from Brno to Berlin the most efficient way. We heard that the road is torn up between Brno and Prague, so driving (renting car or bus) isn't best option.

Could anyone tell me how to book the Brno to Berlin train? I see that I can book through trainline.eu. But I've found it's often less expensive and more foolproof to book direct with the train line, if possible.

Thanks.

13 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,825 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train from Brno to Berlin

Book direct with www.cd.cz/eshop

But also check the German railways website to compare prices. www.dbahn.de/en

P.S. sit on the right side of the train for nice views of the River Elbe. ;-)

Edited: 22 August 2017, 19:49
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,825 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train from Brno to Berlin

P.S. English version of Czech Railways website:

https://www.cd.cz/en/default.htm

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,379 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train from Brno to Berlin

Yes, use train web sites....do NOT buy EuroRail pass... waste of money

Edited: 22 August 2017, 20:53
New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: train from Brno to Berlin

Thanks. I tried the site https://www.cd.cz/en/default.htm. I can locate a station for Brno but not for Berlin.

The English site starts out in English but then switches to Czech in the next screen, so maybe I'm missing something.

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: train from Brno to Berlin

Can use the German site to book Brno to Berlin. Multiple stations are listed for each city. Could you tell me which to choose? (I take the Student Agency bus to Brno and get off near the Gran Hotel, which is right near a train station. I just don't know the code.)

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,825 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train from Brno to Berlin

The main station in Berlin is Berlin Hauptbahnhof or Berlin Hbf.

Czechy, Poland
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: train from Brno to Berlin

Try regiojet its another option eu-hotels.eu/city-tour/…

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: train from Brno to Berlin

When are you going? The main station in Brno is out of action at the moment for refurbishment so you need to get a 'replacement' bus to either Dolní nádraží or Židenice in order to catch the train, neither of which is in the centre.

If you want to get the bus, don't worry too much about delays - the drivers are used to it and take alternative routes where necessary.

Are you coming from somewhere else? I ask as you say you are getting the Regiojet bus (Studentagency is the old name) to the bus station opposite Grand hotel - ONLY use www.regiojet.com to book bus tickets, don't use anything with 'studentagency' in its name.

If booking a train ticket, just choose 'Brno' and 'Berlin' and let the computer do the rest.

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: train from Brno to Berlin

Thanks. I've taken Regiojet before, so know to use their site. For this trip, I've been told not to take the bus to Berlin because the road between Brno and Prague is under construction and there are long delays.

Are the alternative train stations in Brno easy to get to? I'll be staying in the city center, about a mile from the main train station.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: train from Brno to Berlin

The drivers take evasive action if necessary and delays are rare - they drive up and down all day, every 30 minutes or so.

The other stations are a bit tricky to find, dolní nádraží is the closest, and is behind the bus station, however buses 60 and 61 both go there, or at least nearby, and you can use these for free if you have a valid train ticket.

But it may be that the work has finished by the time you are there. It was due to take 100 days from June.

Reply to: train from Brno to Berlin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brno
Recent Conversations