We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife

Is the nightlife in Brno as good as Prague with just as much to see in terms of bars and clubs? Or is it much quieter and smaller than Prague? I imagine Brno nightlife is probably a bit cheaper than Prague, but not sure if there is as much available.

While I am in Brno, I hope to visit Telc and Olomouc as both look reasonably close to Brno. Can you get a direct bus or train to both those places for a day trip each? Because I won't be driving a car. But both places look like they can be reached in an hour or two by bus/train.

Looking foreward to your replies.

Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,113 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife

Brno is a university town...it is lively oin Friday nights before the kiddos head home for the weekend.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife

I had a great time in Brno. I finally got here after 4 years of wondering what it would be like. Flixbus were very reliable and had great wifi throughout the bus ride. But Student Agency were the bus company I loved the most when I used them in 2013 and again in 2014. Thanks GCEK for all your advice. I loved the walking tour in Brno and the atmosphere in general. This is a must see place in Czech Republic IMHO. I spent 3 days here but could have easily spent more time. I also did a day trip to Olomouc while I was here, but probably could have spent a night there. It was a nice place. But Brno was truly amazing. Close to Budapest and Dresden which were also highlights for my 3 weeks vacation in Europe. I spent two days in Dresden and loved the old town. Budapest I could have easily spent another 2 or 3 days there doing all the walking tours. I had 3 days there and visited Szentendre and Pecs. Both small and easy to see. But like Brno and Dresden, I loved Budapest the most. I am happy to give more feed back from my trip if you are happy to hear.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,545 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife

Glad you enjoyed it! Brno is my favourite place in the world, and I am always finding new things even after almost 30 years visiting and living in the city.

Reply to: Nightlife
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brno
Recent Conversations