We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One way car rental from Breclav/Mikulov to Prague

California
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
One way car rental from Breclav/Mikulov to Prague

I would like to rent a car from the train station in Breclav (or Mikulov) and drop it at the train station in Prague. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have found options from Brno, but I really don't want to backtrack if I don't have to.

Our plans are to come in from Budapest on an early train, spend a bit of time in Valtice and stay the night in Mikolov. Next day drive through Telc to Prague.

I'm not finding any options online. I did see that some companies have a two day minimun, and that would be ok if necessary. Renting a car from Budapest isn't an option as the international drop fees are excessive.

I'd appreciate any information!!

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,935 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One way car rental from Breclav/Mikulov to Prague

You would have to go to Brno as that is the only place with car rental facilities. The main agencies are based at the airport, which adds an extra inconvenience. However I an sure they can arrange to meet you at a mutually convenient place, possibly even Břeclav, but obviously you would have to pay a premium.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One way car rental from Breclav/Mikulov to Prague

Why don't you have a car and driver come and get you...

California
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One way car rental from Breclav/Mikulov to Prague

How would I arrange a car and driver?

Reply to: One way car rental from Breclav/Mikulov to Prague
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moravia