We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP: Has anyone booked with Bohemai Apartment Rentals?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
847 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
HELP: Has anyone booked with Bohemai Apartment Rentals?

I booked this apartment a few months ago and now am concerned that it's not going to live up to the photos. Has anyone booked with this company? Specifically, the Luxury Attic Central Apartment, a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment. I know the location will be great, but I don't want to be staying in a dump. I would be eternally grateful if anyone that's dealt with this company, or specific apartment could respond.

http://www.flipkey.com//properties/view/195657)

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,952 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP: Has anyone booked with Bohemai Apartment Rentals?

Have you read the reviews ?

http://ubiezeo.notlong.com

Edited: 10 November 2010, 15:04
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,322 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP: Has anyone booked with Bohemai Apartment Rentals?

I would never use an unknown website where I cannot verify an ownership and the registered office address. Both telephone numbers provided are only mobile phones (fax is a land line).

And this particular apartment is managed directly by the owner, not by the agency.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
847 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP: Has anyone booked with Bohemai Apartment Rentals?

Yes, unfortunately the two most recent reviews (BAD ones) came up well after we booked the place. It is a Flipkey apartment (Flipkey is owned by TripAdvisor) and therefore all the renters are verified, etc.

I just wanted to see if anyone out there had stayed at this place before.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,952 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP: Has anyone booked with Bohemai Apartment Rentals?

Not much you can do if you have paid or is it payment on arrival ? if so perhaps you could book somewhere else.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,322 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP: Has anyone booked with Bohemai Apartment Rentals?

Flipkey is owned by Tripadvisor and the owners pay TA to be registered, but not sure how much or if any verification takes place - would they have the manpower. As Torii says perhaps you can book elsewhere?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
847 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP: Has anyone booked with Bohemai Apartment Rentals?

I could lose my deposit of $150 and book elsewhere. I was just hoping that someone out there in the TA world had stayed at this place, or any of the others rented by this agency.

Oh well, we shall see.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,952 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP: Has anyone booked with Bohemai Apartment Rentals?

Its such a shame you did not come on here first and ask for apartment recommendations and such a shame TA closed down their vacation rental reviews ...they certainly would have helped in such a situation ..

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k32896…

Edited: 10 November 2010, 19:05
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
847 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP: Has anyone booked with Bohemai Apartment Rentals?

Just in case anyone tried to look up this apartment for future references it's awful. I've posted a review (still pending) as well. Cigarette burns in the upholstered chairs, terrible and worn out bed linens, filthy tablecloth and stained kitchen table, dust bunnies under the bed and in the corners of the rooms. This place is only good for youngsters or stag/hen parties.

9. Re: HELP: Has anyone booked with Bohemai Apartment Rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2011, 05:39