We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be aware when you shop for Tours during your stay in K. Vary

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Be aware when you shop for Tours during your stay in K. Vary

WARNING TO ALL FUTURE CUSTOMERS!!!!!

I know most people here only understand Russian, but I can't write it (sorry about that). Anyway, I need to tell everyone about our 2 expériences with TUR-Booking during our recent stay in Karlovy Vary. First of all, the best advice I can give is ''STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY'' in other words ''AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COST'' ! My wife & I did Vienna 1 day Tour and the Erfurt + Weimar Tour. For the 75 euros/person excursion to Vienna, we were literally packed like sardines in a totaly uncomfortable 9-8 places Van. My wife & I had to sit on the front seat with the driver, that is what you get for beeing at the last stop before heading to your destination. I'm sure you can imagine the GREAT comfort we had to endure during this 5 hour drive!!! As for the other excursion to Erfurt & Weimar the following day, it was worst. According to the usuless Alina of TurBooking Travel, we were supposed to be more comfortable because the vehicle was for 19 people. The only problem, we (and 2 other unhappy customers) were boarding at the last stop (Pavlov Hotel), so again we ended up in the worst seats of that vehicle (4 seats together in the back row). Another terrible 4 hour drive to Germany. On top of that, we got stopped by the German Road Patrol for 45min because the vehicle papers were not in order.

In conclusion, do not deal with this company for your next Tour departing from Karlovy Vary. Also and this is very important, if you want a good seat in any of their ''cans of sardines'' (what they call their Van, Bus or any other vehicle), you better board at the first stop of your Tour and just run inside like crazy when you can.

DO NOT believe them when they tell you ''Yes, you will be in the first row for sure''. They tell that crap to all their customers and at the same time, the other companies do the same thing on their side. Don't be fooled, in one vehicle you can have people from 3 or 4 different Tour Companies paying all different prices and they all have been said the same thing.... Yes, you will be in the first row for sure.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
13,236 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Be aware when you shop for Tours during your stay in K. Vary

I usually get by in Russian alright, but your "I know most people here only understand Russian" makes me want to shout: "Kill me, just kill me!"... What made you think that?

You've got my full sympathy on your misfortune though. These tours usually aren't worth the money paid. It's either: pay more, and get yourself a private guide, or: manage on your own, best you know how!

Happy Travels!

Yuri.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
20,026 posts
85 reviews
2. Re: Be aware when you shop for Tours during your stay in K. Vary

Had you asked here before....

Tours are not necessary for KV

.. Very easy to do on your own...hire guide locally. Actually KV is shifting to Chinese owners.

No Russians, no investment KV would be in worse shape

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Be aware when you shop for Tours during your stay in K. Vary

Hi Yuri,

The thing is that I just copy/paste the review I wrote yesterday on the Tour company website my wife & I used in Karlovy Vary. It is mainly a Russian website and it's my wife (who is Russian by the way) who had to deal with those people. You are definitely right,the best thing for Tours (from K. Vary), is to get a private guide.

So, here you have it.

Cheers!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
20,026 posts
85 reviews
4. Re: Be aware when you shop for Tours during your stay in K. Vary

For future reference for other travelers...the established tour companies are Sandeman, Premiant, Martin tours...plus others

5. Re: Be aware when you shop for Tours during your stay in K. Vary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2018, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Karlovy Vary