We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to WB Studios from Victoria Tube Station

Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to get to WB Studios from Victoria Tube Station

Hello, first time in London, first time using the tube and a little nervous about our travel out to the WB Studios via tube. Just want to make sure we are not late and don't get on any wrong trains :). Read somewhere a tip not to get on the slow moving Euston train, so just reading that got me even more nervous (how do I know).

We are staying in Belgravia area and going to the Studio on Monday early morning.

These are the directions I got from google. If any one has any advice and can confirm, the below t is the right way please advise. I don't see the in the google directions about the WB studio tour bus?

Also any advice on how to get back to Belgravia - Victoria tube station area would be great too.

Walk

0.5 mi (10 mins)

2. 7:10 AM Victoria Station

7:17 AM Euston

Walk

0.2 mi (3 mins)

4. 7:24 AM London Euston

(Platform 8)

London Midland towards Milton Keynes Central

7:41 AM Watford Junction

Walk

318 ft (1 min)

6. 7:54 AM Watford Junction Railway Station (Stop 6)

10 towards Woodside

8:07 AM Studios

Walk

0.2 mi (5 mins)

8:11 AM Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Studio Tour Drive, Leavesden WD25 7LR, UK

4 replies to this topic
Pewsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
5,895 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to WB Studios from Victoria Tube Station

The key at step 4 to getting the correct train at Euston is to realise that ithere are different operators using the same route, and just as your instructions say you need to travel on the trains provided by “London Midland”. These are the fastest way to Watford Junction station. There is a shuttle bus to the studio from the station forecourt - cash only and £2.50 each way if I remember correctly

Edited: 17 August 2017, 16:19
Greater London...
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to WB Studios from Victoria Tube Station

I am amazed that London Midland can specify a platform in advance. Usually at Euston you dont know which platform the train is going from until 5 minutes before departure then it is mad dash if it i going from one of the low or high numbers.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
8,114 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to WB Studios from Victoria Tube Station

The easiest way to manage at Euston is to plan in advance what train you are getting and then just look for that train on the departures boards.

For instance, if you plan as above that you need to get the 0724 train towards Milton Keynes, you just need to find that train on the boards and it will tell you what platform to go to. There will be staff members around the platforms if you want to just check with them or ask someone else getting on the train ("is this the 0724 to Milton Keynes?").

What I would say is to allow more time for the first part on the underground - if I wanted to get a train at Euston I wouldn't be at Victoria 14 minutes earlier and I know where I'm going. Arrive at Euston 15-20 mins before your train to give yourself a bit of time to identify where you need to be.

Watford Junction is easy, just walk out of the station and the shuttle buses are right there.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
8,114 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to WB Studios from Victoria Tube Station

And going back, you just do the reverse. Easier going back, actually.

Reply to: Best way to get to WB Studios from Victoria Tube Station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted