We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainbow mountain and Lake Humantay

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Rainbow mountain and Lake Humantay

I'll be going to the Cusco region in February for 8 days. I'd like to see Macchu Picchu, Rainbow Mountain, Lake Humantay, and do the long zipline. What would be the best/most efficient way to do all of this (and is it even possible without going insane?) and is there a tour company of something that could be recommended who might be able to facilitate this "custom" tour?

3 replies to this topic
1. Re: Rainbow mountain and Lake Humantay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2017, 12:53

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Rainbow mountain and Lake Humantay

February is not be the best month to do Rainbow Mountain or Humantay Lake. It could be one of the wettest months of the year (rainy season).

Machu Picchu, Cusco & the sacred Valley can easily be done on your own. Just do a little research.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,097 posts
135 reviews
3. Re: Rainbow mountain and Lake Humantay

And at the altitudes that Rainbow Mountain and Humantay lake are at, snow would be as big a concern as rain, I generally do not recommend the Rainbow Mountain, but would actually advise against it in Feb.

Edited: 25 October 2017, 14:03
Reply to: Rainbow mountain and Lake Humantay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted