We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rincon to El Yunque

NY
Level Contributor
212 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rincon to El Yunque

My husband and I will be arriving in Rincon on March 27 with our daughters ages 16, 23 and 25. We are staying four nights in Rincon and four nights in the Cabo Rojo area.

This is not our first trip to Rincon and we are flying in and out of the BQN airport.

We are trying to determine if we should take a day trip to El Yunque? It will probably be about a 3.5 hour drive. I am just trying to determine if it is worth the day trip and if this is something our daughters will enjoy.

Any thoughts and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo Rojo
Cabo Rojo
Puerto Rico
Rincon, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
113 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rincon to El Yunque

El Yunque is a must see for sure like everyone has stated. Problem is, you don't want to spend only a few hours there. You want to be able to spend a good amount of time there to really enjoy it. You could easily spend 2 days there. I have never been to Toro Negro but it looks like a good substitute. Still 2 hours away though. I would save El Yunque for the next trip. We've made the trip there and back in the same day and we chose to leave at 5am and got back at 8pm.

Go see Gozalandia falls in San Sebastian. Short drive and will give you the jungle feel you're looking for :)

www.puertoricodaytrips.com/gozalandia-falls

Mentioned in this post
San Sebastian
San Sebastian
Puerto Rico
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rincon to El Yunque

I agree about going to Gozalandia falls area. It is very beautiful and with less driving time. :)

Toro negro is nice, but hikes there takes longer, and not all trails have waterfalls. If you are not used to driving on really curvy roads, driving there can take longer than planned.

In Cabo Rojo you can do a biking and kayak tours that takes you along mangroves and coastal bike trails.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo Rojo
Cabo Rojo
Puerto Rico
No. Illinois
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Rincon to El Yunque

Thank you everyone for the helpful information! We may check out San Sebastian as it is closer to Rincon. Are there many waterfalls there and how do you know which trail leads to one?

Mentioned in this post
San Sebastian
San Sebastian
Puerto Rico
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Rincon to El Yunque

Yes, there is a waterfall, and just one trail that leads you to it. There is a nice pond where you can swim in. It is a doable hike.

As stated before, it is not huge like El Yunque or Toro Negro, but it is a nice hike that ends in a beautifull pond and waterfall. Many local commercials have been filmed there, because of its beauty and easy accessability.

Rincon, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
113 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Rincon to El Yunque

This link has everything you need:

www.puertoricodaytrips.com/gozalandia-falls

No. Illinois
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Rincon to El Yunque

Sounds perfect, Beach_Orchid, thank you!

17. Re: Rincon to El Yunque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2016, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Rincon