We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ponce to Rincon?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Ponce to Rincon?

Flights are way cheaper for the dates i'm planning on making a return to Rincon, in and out of Ponce. Google maps looks like this should be an easy drive - does anyone out there know if this is totally do able?

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,393 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Ponce to Rincon?

What exactly is your concern? If you're referring to the drive, then yes, it's totally doable. It's pretty much a straight shot along the coast, and it's a little over an hour's drive. Just rent a car at the Mercedita airport, and return it there before your flight home. You'll need the car for your entire stay.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,675 posts
200 reviews
2. Re: Ponce to Rincon?

Did you check Aguadilla airport? That is much closer to Rincon. The price difference might the worth the convenience.

If your flight arrives late, then I would not recommend the drive from Ponce to Rincon. It is not highway all the way, you might get tired.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Ponce to Rincon?

It is an easy drive, but if I'm not wrong flights to Ponce make a stop at San Juan airport, so not a direct flight. This adds about 1.5 hr to total flight time. Drive to Rincon is about 1.5 hrs and doable.

Worth checking out BQN airport (Aguadilla), there are directs flights to/from Newark.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
228 reviews
4. Re: Ponce to Rincon?

NY I just did that ride a few weeks ago.

I do not remember any non highway sections?

Could you be talking about rt 10 instead of rt 2?

Or am I forgetting something?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,675 posts
200 reviews
5. Re: Ponce to Rincon?

Dolphin, did you go sw or nw? I thought sw has some traffic lights...i have not been around there in ages, so perhaps I'm wrong.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Ponce to Rincon?

Still just a few traffic lights along the south. More lights toward Mayaguez (where you can run into some serious traffic depending on the time of day).

Rincon, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
113 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Ponce to Rincon?

Easy as pie. Route 2 all the way. Make a stop in La Parguera if you have the time. Plan on about 2 hours for total drive time, Rincon to Ponce.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Ponce to Rincon?

Thanks! Booked a flight into Ponce, it was significantly less than Aguadilla!

9. Re: Ponce to Rincon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2016, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Rincon
Recent Conversations