We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Wedding Permit Fee

Phoenix, Arizona
3 posts
Beach Wedding Permit Fee

My fiance' and I are getting married in October in Rincon. We hired a recommended wedding planner. My questions comes to verify a charge she is now adding. Has anyone gotten married on the beach in Rincon, especially near Tamboo Besides the POinte. She telling us there is a $500 permit fee and a $1 sq. foot. I have researched and researched and to no avail to confirm this law. Can anybody help me?

Edited: 22 June 2014, 04:01
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Beach Wedding Permit Fee

Well I got married on the beach and did not pay a $500 permit fee. But it is true about the $1/sqft fee. This was 4 yrs ago. Still the hazzle to go through such permit is worth it. Really, this paperwork has to be done beforehand with at least 3 months. If memory serves me right it is with the DRNA that it was done. The area besides the Tamboo is part of Tres Palmas marine reserve, so maybe there is an additional fee.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 posts
2. Re: Beach Wedding Permit Fee

Thank you for your fast response. I hope others post to share their experiences as well.

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Beach Wedding Permit Fee

Yes, $500.00 for the permit & $1 /sqft feet is the correct amount. Any more then you will be over paying. Not all wedding planers aply for the permit, if you do not have a permit, your wedding could suffer. It dose not matter on the location, if you would like a beach wedding , that is the requirements.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 posts
4. Re: Beach Wedding Permit Fee

Again, thank you. It seems everything checks out. Im just confused why my planner is JUST telling us when we hired her in January. How old is this law?

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
964 posts
47 reviews
5. Re: Beach Wedding Permit Fee

Permits are very common for events in public places, and some require certificate of insurance. Make sure you read everything pertaining to the permit.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 03:14
Rincon, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
6. Re: Beach Wedding Permit Fee

This government is out-of-control! It's unfortunate that the government of Puerto Rico is making it difficult for not only a business owner on this island but the tourists. What I would suggest, is that you write a letter of outrage and disgust to the governor and natural resources. Unfortunately, your wedding planner has to add all the fees requested by this government. Use the beach for photographs , they can't charge you for that!!!

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
964 posts
47 reviews
7. Re: Beach Wedding Permit Fee

A letter of outrage will do nothing. This is nothing new and is standard mostly everywhere. Real business owners are knowledgable about liabilities and liabilities should be taken serious. If they don't take it serious they should not be business owners.

8. Re: Beach Wedding Permit Fee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Rincon
Recent Conversations