We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel leonor de aquitania - something very strange.....

London, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
10 reviews
Hotel leonor de aquitania - something very strange.....

Dear All

I have a reservation at the Leonor de Aquitania hotel in Cuenca for next week.

Yesterday I was contacted by the hotel per email, saying that, due to technical problems, they “will be forced to closed down the hotel”, and they offer to make a booking for me at the Convento del Giraldo.

However, they mentioned that they will be closed in March (and not in February), and my booking is in February…. Very confusing!!!

It seems very strange to me because I have tried to see availability, both on their own website and on booking.com, and they are still selling rooms in the period they claim to be closed down. Additionally, there is no message / information about closing down on their website.

I have already sent the hotel two emails, but no response so far.

If anybody has stayed at this hotel recently, or anybody has any information at all, can you please let me know.

Thanks!!!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
70,717 posts
3,787 reviews
1. Re: Hotel leonor de aquitania - something very strange.....

Dappo:

I have no information about this hotel. However I would not take a chance with it and I would book another hotel.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,872 posts
292 reviews
2. Re: Hotel leonor de aquitania - something very strange.....

Sometimes hotels do have technical issues or dramas I don't think it is unusual for a hotel to make a change due to the central heating hot water system needing a complete overhaul. Do as they propose and stay at the Convento hotel unless you find another more suitable to your taste. It is low season so should be alternatives. Make sure hotel has heating.

3. Re: Hotel leonor de aquitania - something very strange.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2017, 15:17