We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Cuenca with limited mobility

Miami
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Cuenca with limited mobility

I would like to visit Cuenca but I have limited mobility. Do you have any advice on the best way to visit the city. Where should I start and end. Taxis? Any areas to avoid? Thanks for aNY advice

Mentioned in this post
Cuenca
Cuenca
Province of Cuenca, Spain
Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Cuenca with limited mobility

Sorry to tell you this. I have visited Cuenca twice in past years, and the areas visitors go to are not really easy to transit for someone in your condition. I am talking about the "Old Town" or "Casco Historico". This area is not flat, you will find many uphill and downhill paths, the streets and sidewalks are narrow, and the are many cobble-stone alleys. I am not sure, but I do not remember any of the Museums, lookout sites, and the cathedral having special arrangements for people with limited mobility.

The new parts of Cuenca are totally different, but there are not many attractions there.

Mentioned in this post
Cuenca
Cuenca
Province of Cuenca, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
67,093 posts
3,764 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Cuenca with limited mobility

I agree with Jose. The upper part of town is hilly and this is the part that is interesting.

3. Re: Visiting Cuenca with limited mobility

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2018, 06:16
;