We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pentecost River Getting a lift

Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Pentecost River Getting a lift

Hi...I wish to spend a week or two in the region of the Pentecost and Salmond Rivers and was hoping I could get a lift from anybody who may be travelling in that direction from Kununurra. Only myself and my back pack would need a lift out there, then return 1-2 weeks later. A lift in either direction would be greatly appreciated and of course, fully intend to pay my way. I am looking at the outward and return trips occurring between late Jun then early July. I would like to be dropped off about 6-7 km before the Pentecost crossing (KNX side). Currently, I am in the planning stages and cannot be more specific about dates but should be able to confirm these by late April, 2015. If anybody could assist me with my request it would be greatly appreciated. My name is Sean.

4 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Pentecost River Getting a lift

Good luck Sean

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
7,213 posts
94 reviews
2. Re: Pentecost River Getting a lift

I would suggest you go into kunurrura and the hotel and ask around.

You do realise that the land you will be trekking through is private and you will possibly be trespassing if you arent passing through on the road?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
31,279 posts
2,071 reviews
3. Re: Pentecost River Getting a lift

As suggested asking around the pub in Kununurra would be your best bet. You could also put a sign up or try emailing the hostels as someone may be going your way.

http://www.kununurrabackpackers.com.au/

http://kimberleycroc.com.au/

York, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
7,350 posts
1,873 reviews
4. Re: Pentecost River Getting a lift

There are always the transfers run by El Questro and Home Valley BUT the downside is that El Questro will realise that you are tramping on their turf!!!

Reply to: Pentecost River Getting a lift
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kununurra
More Kununurra Topics