We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation near Palmerston Darwin

Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation near Palmerston Darwin

I am putting together an itinerary which includes Kakadu , Kathryn Gorge, and Litchfield, I will be staying in Batchelor for a few nights on my return loop, and then thinking of a night in Palmerston , which would give me access to adelaide river etc

Can I ask if the Palmerston area is an ok place to stay?

Not after anything flash, a motor inn etc would do.

Thanks in advance

Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Accommodation near Palmerston Darwin

Thanks LsBob,

I am already booked for the first 5 nights in Kakadu after leaving Darwin. I leave Kakadu for two nights in Kathryn and loop back to Litchfield; Last stop will be the Adelaide river crossing before returning to Darwin. Originally the croc jumping wasn't on the itinerary, but the way it works out , I will have some spare time to visit. At this stage am thinking of one night at Mary river camp grounds.

Thanks for the advice and link to parks Australian.

Cheers

Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Alice Springs, Kings Canyon, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Red Centre
Level Contributor
601 posts
1,950 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Accommodation near Palmerston Darwin

Hi deepestcut,

We have stayed at the quest apartments a few years ago and they were great.

We never had any issue there and it's close to the shopping centre.

What we usually do is go to booking.com for the best rates when travel

Cheers, Ray

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin, Kakadu National Park
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Accommodation near Palmerston Darwin

Deepestcut I think you have got some places mixed up. If you are leaving Darwin for Kakadu for 5 days, then going to Katherine then to Litchfield then the croc tour, you are doubling back over some of your travels.

You go: Darwin to the croc tour at the Adelaide River bridge, this is on the Arnhem Highway then on to Kakadu/ Jabiru and exit the Park via the southern route which brings you to Pine Creek on the Stuart Highway then down the Stuart Highway to Katherine then back the Stuart Highway through Adelaide River township (this is where the War Cemetery is) to Batchelor then to Litchfield NP and return to Batchelor to the Stuart Highway to Darwin.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Accommodation near Palmerston Darwin

LS bob indeed a valid point -but the poster didn't want to leave their luggage in their car. I said I have never had any problems and the area is perfectly safe to leave your vehicle.

15. Re: Accommodation near Palmerston Darwin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:18