We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around in Kakadu and Lichfield

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Getting around in Kakadu and Lichfield

I was thinking of spending my mid-semester break on the road between Darwin and Adelaide and one of the spots I definitely would like to see is kakadu national park and/or lichfield NP. I'm not renting a car to travel but I have a bus pass. Therefore, my question is the following one: Kakadu national park being a pretty huge park, I've been wondering whether there would be some shuttles (not an organized tour) that can drive you around the park, like a normal bus with several stops to the main attraction? And same question for Lichfield :)

Thanks for your tips!

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around in Kakadu and Lichfield

Hi

No, no such shuttles exist in either Kakadu or Litchfield. Your bus pass is likely to drop you in Jabiru (or is Cooinda an option?) - but there is very little to see from there without another form of transport. So sorry it really is hire a car or go on a tour.

There are day tours you could join from Jabiru and/or Cooinda, or you could pick up a multi day tour of Kadadu in Darwin (or possibley Katherine?).

Litchfield is easily done as a day tour from Darwin.

Cheers

2. Re: Getting around in Kakadu and Lichfield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 05:16