We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best 4WD Adventure Tour to see the Falls

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Best 4WD Adventure Tour to see the Falls

Hi All,

I am traveling to Kakadu in late June and am interested in a day tour to see the falls (Gunlom, Jim Jim,etc.). What is the best tour company? I was looking into Top End Tours, but they don't seem to be in operation anymore? I just get internet errors when I try to visit http://kakadutours.net.au/

Thanks in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
7,182 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: Best 4WD Adventure Tour to see the Falls

Link in your other post - did you rule out this one? Mant tours leave from Darwin and are part of a longer trip. There are only a few day tours.

kakadutourism.com/tours-activities/…

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Best 4WD Adventure Tour to see the Falls

Thanks, hamriver! This is the company I'm looking at, although they don't provide an actual itinerary of any kind. What time do they pick you up? How long are you out? Which falls do you see? What else is included? I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet. In the meantime I was hoping to scope out some other options. But so far they are my top choice!

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
7,182 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: Best 4WD Adventure Tour to see the Falls

The issue is that the itin will not be set as yet as they do not know what will be open this early.

"Depending on conditions and road access, your tour may visit memorable destinations such as Motorcar Falls, Boulder Creek, Gubara Rock Pools, Ikoymarrwa Rock Pool, Maguk Gorge, Gunlom Falls, Jim Jim Falls or Twin Falls.

'

kakadutoursandtravel.com.au/tour/…

I know its frustrating ..but they really dont know if Jim JIm will be opened or when. If not then there are other itins they do.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserRevie…

The reviews will give you an idea..

'

Edited: 16 March 2018, 23:11
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Best 4WD Adventure Tour to see the Falls

I went ahead and booked the 4WD ADVENTURE TOUR from Kakadu Tourism. Looking forward to it :) Thanks, Everyone!

Reply to: Best 4WD Adventure Tour to see the Falls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted