We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Weeks in Perth June 14

Kuching, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Topic
2 Weeks in Perth June 14

Hi all, will be in Perth for a two weeks holiday in June. here is my rough plan, would like to seek for ur advice, anykind will be very much appreciated:

as we will be travel with 2 kids, aged 4 and 1 yr old, so trip that we have planned are rather slow or layback.

Day 1 - 3 Fremantle (3 nites )

Day 4 Fremantle - Rockingham - Mandurah (1 nite)

Day 5 Mandurah - Bunbury - Busselton (1 nite)

Day 6 - 9 Busselton - Dunsborough - Margerat River (4 nites)

Day 10 & 11 Margerat River - Harvey (farmstay) 2 nites

Day 12 - 16 Harvey - Perth : will be visiting wild life park, aquarium swam valley etc.

i would like to know 4 Days in margerat river and 2 nites farm stay is it too much?

TIA

Regards

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Mandurah
Mandurah
Western Australia, Australia
Bunbury
Bunbury
Busselton
Busselton
Dunsborough
Dunsborough
Margaret River Region, Australia
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,481 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Weeks in Perth June 14

<I would like to know 4 Days in margerat river and 2 nites farm stay is it too much?>

No, definitely not too much. Keep in mind that two nights is only one full day, and four nights is only three full days.

I think you've got a pretty good itinerary there. Relaxed and realistic.

Edited: 15 March 2014, 03:12
Kuching, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Weeks in Perth June 14

thank you. will look into more detail itenerary from here. have a good weekend :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Weeks in Perth June 14

Monday June 2 is a public holiday, so book accommodation over this weekend early as demand will be high.

Overall your itinerary looks very reasonable especially with 2 small children to get organised.

Day 5 - My only comment might be that to stop in Bunbury and Mandurah might slow you down a lot. I would probably choose one or the other not both - by the time I had everyone in the car, I would probably drive straight from Mandurah to Busselton and let the children out to run around in the park near the Busselton Jetty - maybe promise them a ride in the tourist train on the long jetty.

Mentioned in this post
Bunbury
Bunbury
Mandurah
Mandurah
Busselton
Busselton
Busselton Jetty
Busselton Jetty
2,787 Reviews
Busselton, Australia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Weeks in Perth June 14

Agreed, I think Mandurah, Bunbury and Rockingham are all about the same (I think Bunbury is nicest of the 3)

Id pick one out of the three, especially when the trip from Fremantle to Bunbury is only 2hours (or less is you get a good run)

Im from WA so 2hrs isnt that long to me :)

Mentioned in this post
Mandurah
Mandurah
Bunbury
Bunbury
Fremantle
Fremantle
Greater Perth, Australia
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,011 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Weeks in Perth June 14

Fremantle to Busselton is only 2 1/2 hours, and another half hour to Margaret River- truthfully you could just spend the day noodling down to Margaret River from Fremantle and cut down on the pack up- load car-book out-book in-unload car-unpack fol-de-rol, which with two littlies to keep an eye on at the same time is a real hassle. You might also get a better rate for a longer stay in Margaret River.

Don't forget you will need an infant eat and a booster seat for the kiddies, and you can't bring yours in from overseas.

Mentioned in this post
Busselton
Busselton
Margaret River
Margaret River
Margaret River Region, Australia
Fremantle
Fremantle
Greater Perth, Australia
Kuching, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Weeks in Perth June 14

hey all, thanks for the suggession, i have been working really hard on finding accomodation, car rental and all. its a lot of works. so far i only manage to book 3 nights in fremantle, 1 night in busselton and 4 nights in margaret river. the initial plan was to stay at mandurah for one night, but can't seen to find an appropriate hotel base on the budget i have.

i have a question here, as we are checking out fremantle on 31st May 2014 at

31st may

10am - > visit fremantle market baby animal farm

11am - > rockingham penguin island (reach around 11.45am)

2.30pm -> rockingham - mandurah - bunbury - busselton (about 2 hours drive, assuming that i reach around 4.30pm) check in hotel and hunting for food would be around 6 or 7 in the evening.

my question is what do you think if i stay in busselton for 2 nights, and i can wonder around mandurah bunbury or busselton on the next day? or should i stay mandurah 1 nite visit place of interest then proceed to bunbury and busselton?

Thank you

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,011 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 Weeks in Perth June 14

I'd stay an extra night in Fremantle and visit Mandurah from there. (You could do so after visiting Rockingham). Next day head down to Busselton and stop in Bunbury along the way.

Mentioned in this post
Fremantle
Fremantle
Greater Perth, Australia
Mandurah
Mandurah
Busselton
Busselton
Bunbury
Bunbury
Kuching, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 Weeks in Perth June 14

thanks yorkfoodie, i just extended another night stay at freo :)

9. Re: 2 Weeks in Perth June 14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:15