We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury accommodation in Margaret River

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Luxury accommodation in Margaret River

We are giving some friends one nights accommodation as a wedding gift. We really want it to be extra luxurious Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
221 reviews
1. Re: Luxury accommodation in Margaret River

I can recommend Llewellin's Guest house. Look up reviews and you cannot go wrong. We loved it.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,554 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Luxury accommodation in Margaret River

Yallingup Luxury Retreat-check reviews. Plenty of luxury places in the region so you will find something appropriate for your gift.

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Luxury accommodation in Margaret River

Whats your budget?

http://www.incognitoescape.com.au/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: Luxury accommodation in Margaret River

Windmills at Yallingup is quite smart & pricey. No kids hang out there. Smart dining room on certain nights of the week.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
31,277 posts
2,066 reviews
5. Re: Luxury accommodation in Margaret River

I love these places -

Cape Lodge

www.wotif.com/hotel/View…

Smith's Beach Resort

Empire Spa

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,553 posts
296 reviews
6. Re: Luxury accommodation in Margaret River

This would be my personal choice:

http://www.merribrook.com.au/

Haven't stayed there, but would like to.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Luxury accommodation in Margaret River

WE don't mind how much we spend, we just want the best place to stay

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Luxury accommodation in Margaret River

Typically the more luxurious, the longer the minimum stay period.

Incognito (post #3) is arguably the best you're gonna find in terms of quality and seclusion but its a minimum 3 night stay. At $1300/night it aint cheap...at least not for a couple. If that accom. appeals then perhaps you could negotiate with the owner for a one night stay, but Im tipping the price would be higher.

There are many luxurious holiday rentals at $1000+ per night in different locations around the region and it depends on what you define as "best" (location, whats included, resort style, secluded, indoor pool etc.) There is also spa accom. where you get pampered with massages and a personal chef. Others offer a limousine at your disposal and even a helicopter.

I havent stayed at these types of accom (yet) so I cant recommend anything in particular. I'd only be googling the places which anyone can do. I'm also curious to hear if anyone has stayed at any REALLY top end accom. in MR.

Ellemay has suggested Cape Lodge which is ranked No.1 by TA. It has also won best boutique hotel in Australia. Worth taking a serious look at IMO.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
9. Re: Luxury accommodation in Margaret River

Thank you. Your feed back is really helpful and appreciated

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Luxury accommodation in Margaret River

Cape Lodge, while not in Margaret River but close would be my pick out of them all. I have stayed here a few times and it was heaven. The restaurant is amazing and the grounds truly luxurious.

Another that most people don't know about is La Foret Enchante. Beautiful, secluded and remote. They only have 2 cabins so very private and romantic if you like that feel. Worth a look at their web site.

Get answers to your questions about Margaret River