We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Margaret River

Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Margaret River

Hi

Travelling to Australia for the first time, wondering if the nights are slightly chilly in MR right now? Thought it was summer and MR generally has a very Mediterranean climate? Coming from Singapore, 15 degrees is chilly :-)

We arrive in MR this Friday, the 31st and am wondering what to pack.

Any help appreciated! Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,641 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Margaret River

www.bom.gov.au/wa/forecasts/south-west.shtml

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,319 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Margaret River

When going 'down South' in summer I always pack some shorts, t shirts, light weight shirts for day time plus a light weight zip fleece jacket and pants for evening as sometimes gets a bit chilly with a cool breeze. No need for full on winter gear though. Plus of course a hat, bathers and sunglasses. Enjoy your holiday!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Margaret River

I just got back from MR today - I live in WA yet I couldn't believe how variable the weather was over the weekend - it went from stinking hot and fly-ridden on Friday, to overcast, sticky and fly-ridden on Saturday to me wishing I had a sweater yesterday morning. A light warm layer could well come in handy.

Fremantle
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Margaret River

Hi there, it is often chilly in Margaret River as soon as the sun goes down! We have lovely warm days (but usually not too hot) in summer, but it does get cool in the evening (unless we have a heat wave - which we have just had). I would certainly pack a jumper and some long pants/jeans for the evening - especially if you were going to head out to an outdoor movie or similar. It was humid this weekend - but that is not usual for Margaret River.

Mentioned in this post
Margaret River
Margaret River
Margaret River Region, Australia
5. Re: Margaret River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Margaret River