We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around Tasmania

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Getting around Tasmania

I am flying into Hobart 3rd march for a few days and then joining a 4 day walking tour in the freycinet national park. That finishes in Hobart 9th March and I fly back to England 14th March from Launceston

I had the idea of.hiring a car and basing myself in Launceston so I am not packing up each morning, but is that realistic if I want a taste of what the rest of Tas has to offer?

If I just take my time driving to Launceston, can somebody suggest an itinerary with overnight stops please?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
31,281 posts
77 reviews
1. Re: Getting around Tasmania

Yes, renting your own car is a good way to get around.

If you have already been to the east coast, head to Launceston up the A1 Midland (Heritage) Highway via the towns of Kempton, Oatlands, Ross, Campbell Town, Perth and Longford. Info here: http://www.heritagehighway.com.au/attractions

It's 2.5 hours driving, so you could do it quite easily in a day. Ross would be a good choice if you wanted to stop along the way.

And have a look at the Top Questions on the right of this page for things to do in and around Launceston.

Luigi

Edited: 30 November 2013, 20:47
2. Re: Getting around Tasmania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 06:17