We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food in Launceston

Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Food in Launceston

Ok, so I know there's this recc. list of F&Bs to try out in Launceston under Trip Advisor.

But it will be great if anyone who actually lives in Launceston / familiar with the F&B scene to give recc. for 2 nights dining in Launceston for the following cuisines (for should not miss options) -

1) Seafood

2) Steak

3) Italian

Thanks a mil!

Mentioned in this post
Launceston
Launceston
Tasmania, Australia
Novaro's Restaurant
€€€€, Italian, Australian
Sweetbrew
€€ - €€€, Cafe, Australian
Brisbane Street Bistro
€€€€, European, Australian
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,899 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food in Launceston

Best seafood is Hallam's Seafood in Royal Park. Me Wah also does good seafood with oriental flair.

The only place for steak is Black Cow in George Street.

Best Italian is Novaro's in Brisbane Street.

Luigi

Mentioned in this post
Novaro's Restaurant
Novaro's Restaurant
434 Reviews
Launceston, Australia
Brisbane Street Bistro
Brisbane Street Bistro
303 Reviews
Launceston, Australia
Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food in Launceston

Thanks Luigi! Looks like I wasn't too far off with what I had in mind.

The other place I was exploring was The Northern Club. Would you happen to have any feedback on that?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,899 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food in Launceston

Yes, I've been there. It's a bit down market from the other places I have mentioned, but it's OK.

You've just made me have another browse through the reviews. When reading through the restaurant reviews on TripAdvisor, it can help to get a feel for a place from the location of the reviewers. The Northern Club is a popular lunch spot with the local office workers, so it gets a lot of reviews from locals. Another good example is Launceston's top rated restaurant - Amelia Espresso. Sometimes the locals get it right, but mostly they don't, it seems. Often a menu with prices under $5 is all that they look for.

I'll probably be lynched, but that's what I think. :)

QLD
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food in Launceston

The Black Cow Bistro has the best steak I have ever eaten... And I have eaten a lot of steak. I highly recommend it!

Mentioned in this post
Black Cow Bistro
Black Cow Bistro
1,129 Reviews
Launceston, Australia
5. Re: Food in Launceston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:17