We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic drives near Launceston

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Scenic drives near Launceston

My husband & I are doing the 6 day cradle mountain walk, we return on Thursday & stay one night at Qamby estate. We thought we would hire a car for 3 days & do some exploring before we fly home from Launceston the following Monday. Any suggestions for touring & places to stay?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Launceston
Launceston
Tasmania, Australia
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,938 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scenic drives near Launceston

The best hotel in the city is The Charles, IMO. Other options include City Park Grand, Seaport, Sebel, Grand Chancellor. The best B&B is Kurrajong House.

I don't think you need to venture far from Launceston to fill three days. My Top 10 Must Sees list is here: tripadvisor.com.au/GoListDetail-i23143-Luigi…

Luigi

Mentioned in this post
City Park
City Park
1,580 Reviews
Launceston, Australia
The Sebel Launceston
The Sebel Launceston
969 Reviews
Launceston, Australia
Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston
Hotel Grand Chancellor...
1,909 Reviews
Launceston, Australia
Kurrajong House
Kurrajong House
196 Reviews
Launceston, Australia
Launceston
Launceston
Tasmania, Australia
2. Re: Scenic drives near Launceston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:16