We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beauty Point Plans & ? stay o/n @Beauty Point vs Launceston

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
393 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Beauty Point Plans & ? stay o/n @Beauty Point vs Launceston

Hi,

I am planning to stay 2 nights in Launceston and then head up to Beauty Point to see Platypus and Sea Horse and if time allows, Hillwood Berry Farm. I also saw Bridestowe Lavender Farm which interests me (at least for buying some goodies because my mother loves Lavender).

But this sounds like too much for one day? I will have to head off to Cradle Mountain the next day.

And is it worth staying overnight at Beauty Point or would it be just as easy to stay another night in Launceston and head off the Cradle Mountain from there?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,118 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beauty Point Plans & ? stay o/n @Beauty Point vs Launceston

Beauty Point is on the western shore of the Tamar and Bridestowe and Hillwood on the east. The only way between them downriver is the Batman Bridge.

So a good plan would be to do a circle: head north up the West Tamar Highway from Launceston to Beauty Point, then backtrack to the Batman Bridge and head for Bridestowe, then go to Hillwood on the way back to Launceston.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
393 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beauty Point Plans & ? stay o/n @Beauty Point vs Launceston

Hi, Yes I can see that now with the help of the zoom function on Google Maps.

And will book that 3rd night in Launceston.

Thanks for input, Kim

George Town...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Beauty Point Plans & ? stay o/n @Beauty Point vs Launceston

Hi Kim, you might want to check out Lavender House at Rowella, it's under the Batman Bridge.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
393 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beauty Point Plans & ? stay o/n @Beauty Point vs Launceston

Thanks Nellie - I did see there was another "Lavendar venue". I'll take a look. Kim

5. Re: Beauty Point Plans & ? stay o/n @Beauty Point vs Launceston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2014, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Launceston
Recent Conversations