We want to highlight that Bargain Car Rentals were cheaper than the other car rental companies, even with the after hours fees but based on this experience and risks involved with contract we will not be using them again.
1) We arrived at 8pm in Launceston Airport to then pick up rental car and had paid after hour fees for both pick up & drop off.
But there was no prior information by email or text on airport collection procedure. This could have been emailed or texted to us hours ahead. Vital since they don't have a desk/office at airport.
2) Then , waited at arrival lounge Launceston , receiving a text message 20 minutes after arrival time on where to collect the car but not prior to walking around the airport seeking information and calling their office. Not fun at 8pm.
3) Car was parked in long term car park with keys in glove box. If there are any scratches or dents, you would not be able to get personnel to sign off.
4) Made to pay the parking fee upon exiting the car park. No mention of this prior to booking and no reimbursement.
Have since discovered my credit card statement charged less than invoiced rental amount for 5 days but unclear if this is an invoicing error or a way of reimbursing for the car parking fee. No mention on itemised invoice. We think this is poor communication.
5) For before hours returns (we boarded plane at 8.20am), you leave the car in the car park with keys in glove box. In the rental agreement it says "Any vehicle dropped off after hours or at the airport is at the renters responsibility until the vehicle is picked up or checked off by one of our staff". Worries me if car is stolen, it is our responsibility. What is the after hours fee paying for?