We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I give feedback to Bargain Car Rentals Launceston?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
157 reviews
How do I give feedback to Bargain Car Rentals Launceston?

We want to highlight that Bargain Car Rentals were cheaper than the other car rental companies, even with the after hours fees but based on this experience and risks involved with contract we will not be using them again.

1) We arrived at 8pm in Launceston Airport to then pick up rental car and had paid after hour fees for both pick up & drop off.

But there was no prior information by email or text on airport collection procedure. This could have been emailed or texted to us hours ahead. Vital since they don't have a desk/office at airport.

2) Then , waited at arrival lounge Launceston , receiving a text message 20 minutes after arrival time on where to collect the car but not prior to walking around the airport seeking information and calling their office. Not fun at 8pm.

3) Car was parked in long term car park with keys in glove box. If there are any scratches or dents, you would not be able to get personnel to sign off.

4) Made to pay the parking fee upon exiting the car park. No mention of this prior to booking and no reimbursement.

Have since discovered my credit card statement charged less than invoiced rental amount for 5 days but unclear if this is an invoicing error or a way of reimbursing for the car parking fee. No mention on itemised invoice. We think this is poor communication.

5) For before hours returns (we boarded plane at 8.20am), you leave the car in the car park with keys in glove box. In the rental agreement it says "Any vehicle dropped off after hours or at the airport is at the renters responsibility until the vehicle is picked up or checked off by one of our staff". Worries me if car is stolen, it is our responsibility. What is the after hours fee paying for?

12 replies to this topic
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
30,977 posts
77 reviews
1. Re: How do I give feedback to Bargain Car Rentals Launceston?

There's no specific place to leave a review on a car rental company, so this is OK where it is. People will find it if they do a search for the company name in the future.

Greater Melbourne...
Level Contributor
565 posts
165 reviews
2. Re: How do I give feedback to Bargain Car Rentals Launceston?

You could leave a review on the Product Review site, which many people read.

Tasmania, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: How do I give feedback to Bargain Car Rentals Launceston?

You could see if they have a google map page to leave a review as well. It affects their rating and they may be more inclined to respond to you. I think more people are reading reviews these days and Google will show their rating for people about to click on them.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
157 reviews
4. Re: How do I give feedback to Bargain Car Rentals Launceston?

thanks to everyone who replied

Edited: 22 April 2018, 08:18
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: How do I give feedback to Bargain Car Rentals Launceston?

At the end of the day you had a no hassle rental really, I don't see many problems.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
6. Re: How do I give feedback to Bargain Car Rentals Launceston?

This is the Product Review site for Budget: https:/…budget.html

Poor reviews at all their depots, it appears.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
157 reviews
7. Re: How do I give feedback to Bargain Car Rentals Launceston?

Hi Vivien R, It wasn't Budget but Bargain Car Rentals. Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: How do I give feedback to Bargain Car Rentals Launceston?

Wow! I would be forwarding your review as an email to Bargain for sure.

Maybe the keys could be held at another car hire firm's desk for security?

I have rented from Bargain twice - from Hobart & Sunshine Coast. Both times were very straight forward with easy pick up with staff at a desk.

Was a little concerned leaving car in carpark in Hobart - as you said, car was our responsibility until checked off by their staff (per contract). We took photos of car from all angles just in case.

I had full instructions per email of where to collect & return car. Very strange this is not offered for Launceston?

I would rent from them again as we were very happy with service (& no I don't work for them:) but would ask for clear email instructions if not offered. A friend at work recommended them who flew + rented car numerous times a year to Lonny - I supposed she was used to the set up. She told me the hoons like to burn cars - so maybe they don't steal them ;)

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
30,977 posts
77 reviews
9. Re: How do I give feedback to Bargain Car Rentals Launceston?

Ceetine, do you really think that one car rental company that pays for an airport terminal desk would hold keys for another rental company that doesn't?

Old thread anyway.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
10. Re: How do I give feedback to Bargain Car Rentals Launceston?

Sorry, Cassie T: review site for Bargain

https:/…bargain-car-rentals.html

Reply to: How do I give feedback to Bargain Car Rentals Launceston?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted