We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food budget for 2-3 nights on the coast

Queensland...
7 posts
Save Topic
Food budget for 2-3 nights on the coast

My friend and I are spending a couple of days on the Gold Coast. I’m planning on eating some meals where we’re staying but I also want to eat out and about, so I’m wondering if anyone would have a rough idea of how much I should put away for food

15 replies to this topic
Te Anau, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food budget for 2-3 nights on the coast

Huge range of eateries on the GC

Realistically you are not going to get out of any decent restaurant for under $50 per person.

But really, what you spend is up to you, and unfortunately price is not always a good indicator of quality.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,396 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food budget for 2-3 nights on the coast

You live in Queensland and are asking total strangers about cost of food on GC. Surely, you can do a rough estimate of what it would cost you based on what type of food you are after.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
11,221 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food budget for 2-3 nights on the coast

https://www.zomato.com/gold-coast-qld

There you go.

Cheers.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
223 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food budget for 2-3 nights on the coast

Yep I too are a tad confused by your question Emily. Your TA profile states you live in Qld so surely you have a reasonable idea of what food costs in the main areas.

Not sure whereabouts in Qld you are, but dining out on the GC is similar to Brissy.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
808 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food budget for 2-3 nights on the coast

Hi,

There are many restaurants & cafe's on the Gold Coast that offer cheap lunch time specials around the $10 - $12 price. During the evening some places will have discounts if you are seated or order food by 6pm. It just depends on what type of food or place you want to dine at.

Karen

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food budget for 2-3 nights on the coast

To be fair to the OP, Queensland is a big State. For all we know, they may be on a first visit from a remote area in Qld & have no idea of GC prices.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
223 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food budget for 2-3 nights on the coast

Yep I realised that might be the case Bokhara, that's why I indicated that it would be similar to other main areas such as Brissy. I'm assuming that even if OP is from remote area there's a strong chance she would have visited at least one large town in her life, if not Brissy, possibly Townsville, Cairns etc

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,466 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food budget for 2-3 nights on the coast

Something strange seems to be going on with TA profiles, particularly via the app so there’s a good chance the OP is from overseas.

Emily, budget $100 per person per day which will get you some table service meals and fast food meals at some moderately prices restaurants and cafes. It would also be good if you could get into the full TA website, click your picture and edit your profile with your correct location.

All the best.

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food budget for 2-3 nights on the coast

I'm with Stephen, we budget $100 per person per day. When we were travelling up that way I found a few food blogs which were useful, in particular this one was a standout -

http://www.foodgoldcoast.com.au/

You can also use Zomato to find local food bloggers. I see sweetbiscuit already gave you the link above. If you go to any restaurant listing on Zomato, scroll down to where it says Reviews, and under that you will see -

Popular (number) Reviews (number) Blogs (number) - click on blogs and you will see all the food blog reviews for that location. At the bottom of each blurb of text, you will see "Read full review on (sitename)" - if you click through there will usually be food photos as well.

Because it is the Gold Coast, some of these posts are food bloggers who have travelled there, but some of them are locals and you might find some food blogs you enjoy reading this way. :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
808 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Food budget for 2-3 nights on the coast

Bokhara, this is what I was thinking also. Someone from the outback visiting the big smoke.

Karen

Reply to: Food budget for 2-3 nights on the coast
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gold Coast