We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay in Surfers Paradise

Level Contributor
17 posts
35 reviews
Place to stay in Surfers Paradise

Hello!

I have been doing a lot of research on a good place to stay in the Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach area. I've been looking mainly at Q1, QT and Mantra Circle on Caville. I know these are all surfers paradise, so would be happy to extent options in Broadbeach if you have a suggestion. My question is, would you recommend one over the other? We are a NZ couple, just wanting to: relax, have good views of the ocean and be able to wander to restaurants/shops etc. We will have a car, so parking would be handy as well. We have a reasonable budget, but nothing super crazy! I see Mantra Circle on Caville says it is undergoing maintenance and I wonder if this will hinder our experience?

Would love to know anyone's thoughts or other hotel suggestions.

Ashleigh

7 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
31,325 posts
2,127 reviews
1. Re: Place to stay in Surfers Paradise

Hi,

Broadbeach is very nice with lots of good restaurants, cafes & fab beach. There are plenty of hotels / apartments in Broadbeach to suit all budgets. Look on www.booking.com under Broadbeach -

Try ULTIQA Beach Haven on Broadbeach / Meriton Apartments / Le Grande apartments / Wave Apartments /

Level Contributor
17 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Place to stay in Surfers Paradise

Thanks! I’ll have another look through Broadbeach, specifically at your suggested ones :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
310 reviews
3. Re: Place to stay in Surfers Paradise

I'd also recommend Broadbeach. Lots of good hotels & restaurants there. Just have a look at reviews on TA. The ones mentioned above all good along with Sofitel.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
881 posts
78 reviews
4. Re: Place to stay in Surfers Paradise

Hi,

Depending on your budget, the Hilton Hotel in Surfers Paradise is a lovely place to stay. (check for specials) Heaps of restaurants, cafe's & Cavill Mall all just steps from the front door & has fantastic ocean views.

With circle on Cavil I am not sure that there would be too many apartments with ocean views due to other buildings between it and the beach.

Cheers,

Karen

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
33 posts
50 reviews
5. Re: Place to stay in Surfers Paradise

Our favourite hotel in Surfers is the Marriott, best pool ever. For location though I would second the Mantra on Cavill, or the Meriton Suites in Broadbeach. I personally prefer Broadbeach, lots of restaurants and bars without the cheesy craziness of Surfers. Then use the tram to head into Surfers when you feel like it. From Broadbeach it is only a short drive or longer walk into Mermaid with more eateries and cafes.

Check out Miami Marketta on a Friday or Saturday night, we always take our visitors there :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Place to stay in Surfers Paradise

I would recommend Peppers Broadbeach. The rooms have great ocean views and it is in a fantastic location - just outside the door there are nice restaurants and cafes, and even a supermarket if you would rather do a little of the cooking yourself. The beach is less than a minutes walk. The hotel has their own secure car parking underneath with easy access.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28,546 posts
66 reviews
7. Re: Place to stay in Surfers Paradise

I really like the suggestions for Ultiqa and Peppers for Broadbeach. If choosing to stay in Surfers, the sister property Peppers Soul is superb product also.

As NZ visitors, if you decide on one of the Peppers properties, do keep in mind that with the recent acquisition, the Peppers properties will soon accrue Accor loyalty points. Extended apartment stays will earn you points very quickly and may come in handy back home down the track

Reply to: Place to stay in Surfers Paradise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gold Coast