We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Cliff Bridge Surround (help?)

Wollongong...
1 post
Sea Cliff Bridge Surround (help?)

Hi,

Just wanted to ask how to get above Sea Cliff bridge on the cliff faces so you're looking down on the bridge? I've seen many beautiful photos taken from there, but never can manage to get up there myself. Took advice from a friend who said to park on Clifton School Parade and walk along the train tracks heading north (supposedly a track shall appear) but when I went I couldn't find any track of the sort. Help an adventurer out please?

5 replies to this topic
Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2 posts
214 reviews
1. Re: Sea Cliff Bridge Surround (help?)

Hi,

Firstly i hope you enjoy a good climb...

The track is near that location. You need to start from the park next to the train track / rail crossing on clifton school parade, follow the track on the eastern side and head up a short but very steep climb / hill. Be very careful as the top is unstable.

Alternatively you can start in coal cliff near the train station, cross the tracks and head up the mountain, head back towards the old mine and continue past until you are at the top of the cliff directly above the bridge - this is a 3 hour return trip.

Hope this helps, good luck!

2. Re: Sea Cliff Bridge Surround (help?)

Friends. There is NO TRACK OR LOOKOUT UP THERE. You have to trespass on SRA land to get where that guy suggests and it's a $5.5k fine if you're caught. The bridge was built because the cliffs are unstable - don't go there!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
134 reviews
3. Re: Sea Cliff Bridge Surround (help?)

Get a drone.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
4. Re: Sea Cliff Bridge Surround (help?)

Hey Chicky,

Did you end up making the Adventure?

Where the directions as specified?

Thank you in Advance.

5. Re: Sea Cliff Bridge Surround (help?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 July 2017, 03:35

Reply to: Sea Cliff Bridge Surround (help?)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wollongong
More Wollongong Topics