We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking and train to Sydney

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Car parking and train to Sydney

I'm wondering if there's somewhere I can leave my car for 2 - 3 days?

We are coming up to Sydney for a few days but don't want to drive the whole way, I thought we could leave the car at Wollongong and catch the train the rest of the way.

We have a 1 year old so proximity to the train station is essential. I am basically wondering how safe my car will be and where the best place to leave it is?

FYI - I don't mind paying for safe parking.

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,787 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parking and train to Sydney

Since nobody has replied, I will give my opinion.

The train starts at Bomaderry. Although less frequent than from Wollongong. Maybe park at Bombaderry or one of the smaller stations along the way, such as Geringong. I had to pick up some one from Gerringong station a couple of years ago. It was deserted and so was the streets nearby. Except for when the train came along

I am thinking it would be much safer in Gerringong than Wollongong.

Edited: 02 April 2017, 02:25
2. Re: Car parking and train to Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2018, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Wollongong
More Wollongong Topics