We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Auckland CBD hotel with in-room spa bath/spa pool?

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Best Auckland CBD hotel with in-room spa bath/spa pool?

I'm travelling to Auckland later in the year for a special (romantic!) occasion, and want to stay in a hotel which has an in room spa bath or spa pool.

Must be in the CBD as we are seeing a show whilst there.

Price is not an issue as long as it is good value for money, and feel as though you've been pampered when you leave!

Any suggestions would be welcome...

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Auckland CBD hotel with in-room spa bath/spa pool?

In the CBD I think the only hotel with in room spa baths is the Duxton.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View…

Look for the picture of Deluxe King spa room. This is a big spa bath which can open to the bedroom. I have stayed at the Duxton in the other spa room there - where the spa bath is smaller and separate in the bathroom. The hotel is very nice.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Auckland CBD hotel with in-room spa bath/spa pool?

Thanks scottygirl... I hadn't thought of the Duxton.

I have done some searching and the Boulevard Hotel has also come up as having an in-room spa bath. Have you been to this hotel?

There are no reviews for it on here yet, so there's nothing so say what it's like....

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Auckland CBD hotel with in-room spa bath/spa pool?

I'm sure that would be OK but you said CBD and the Boulevard is Newmarket so you'd need to get a taxi. Duxton is right in the city. If you do go for the Duxton it would probably be worth going for the Deluxy suite where the bath is open to the lounge. As I said we had a corner spa in the bathroom and this too was lovely but I think the other would be even more romantic.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Auckland CBD hotel with in-room spa bath/spa pool?

Reminds me of a place we stayed at in Whitchurch, England. A huge spa bath in the same room, trouble was the room was quite small so the bath was actually the bed head, my pillows kept disappearing into the bath all night. By the time the bath was full enough to use, the water was cold. There was a pull out shower attachment but the trouble with that was you sprayed the whole room trying to wash yourself. :) And no we weren't looking for romantic, it just happened to be the only available room! I won't even mention the loo tucked around behind a very small curved wall, laying in bed you could see the users knees! Give me a regular room any day!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Auckland CBD hotel with in-room spa bath/spa pool?

Oh no Zappers that sounds like a nightmare! The rooms at Duxton are totally different - spa bath is in bathroom but there is a big opening so it can be opened up like a big window to the bedroom.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Auckland CBD hotel with in-room spa bath/spa pool?

That was a terrible experience zappers LOL!! Must have led to quite a sleepless night and not for any romantic reasons either!

Thanks for letting me know about the Boulevard's location scottygirl. I hadn't realised it was in Newmarket - should have done my homework.

Since we are going to see a show at "The Edge" then it looks like the Duxton is the one in terms of location etc.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Auckland CBD hotel with in-room spa bath/spa pool?

If at all possible, get a Myers Park view or you have an ugly public housing view.

I personaly do not like the Duxton even if the location is fine on Greys Avenue.

8. Re: Best Auckland CBD hotel with in-room spa bath/spa pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 07:20