We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

serviced apartments and best area to stay

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nj
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
serviced apartments and best area to stay

im going to melbourne oct 29 till nov 14th to visit friends. last time i stayed in darling towers collins street. loved the location. unfortunately its not available the full time ill be there this time but also im looking to maybe stay in a different area. so heres my story...

im planning on staying nov 8th to 12th at darling towers collins street again. im looking for an apartment for oct 29th till nov 6th. my friends work 9-5. i would like to stay in an area where i can walk around and see touristy things and keep myself occupied during the day, maybe go for a run if there is an area for running... ill be all alone from 9-5, with the exception for meeting them for lunch. they all work in cbd. i thought about possibly south yarra, darling towers south yarra. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i dont wanna spend 300 a night. im trying for at most 200 a night. im 29 yrs old too, if that helps.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: serviced apartments and best area to stay

The problem you may encounter is the period up to the 8th November. 30 October - 6 November is Melbourne cup week and the city will be inundated with tourists. Accommodation anywhere will be much more expensive.

Having said that, South Yarra is an excellent choice. Transport to and from the city (bus, train and tram) are all available, there are some of Melbourne's best (and most exclusive) shops and restaurants located nearby.

Other areas I would recommend is Southbank, Richmond, St Kilda and of course the CBD.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: serviced apartments and best area to stay

There are Quest apartments in St Kilda and South Melbourne that may suit your purposes! Check wotif.com.au also.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: serviced apartments and best area to stay

Check/ Google these chains - they have apartments both in the CBD and South Yarra/Prahran areas (all easily got to by tram or train);

Punt Hill;

Quest;

Medina;

Oaks.

Will let you look up the prices yourself.

Also if your game why not try a B&B for a bit of local colour;

Villa Donati in Richmond (nice inner burb);

www.villadonati.com

or Fountain Terrace B&B in beachside St Kilda (also a nice tram ride back into town and some nice walks along the beach front promenade - weather permitting);

www.fountainterrace.com.au

Both of these are a step up from your normal B&B's, are in nice areas and always get good reviews. A more personal experience...

Edited: 11 October 2010, 22:45
4. Re: serviced apartments and best area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2011, 05:19