We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest and Best Hotel in CBD??

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest and Best Hotel in CBD??

Hi All,

Once again I will be off to Melbourne in August. Have stayed at a couple of cheaper 4* places before which were okay. Confusion sets in when reading reviews of hotels. Has anyone experienced a terrific 4* hotel which is between the $100-$150 per night, not noisy, preferably with a balcony and most of all is CLEAN???

Thanks heaps,

mimistella.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,641 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest and Best Hotel in CBD??

Check www.wotif.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest and Best Hotel in CBD??

I have checked wotif etc. I was only asking for personal experience advice. Thanks.

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
503 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest and Best Hotel in CBD??

I've stayed at The Quest in Richmond 2 times in the past month and am staying there again next week as I'm flying out early to Sydney for work.

Their one bedroom executive rooms are very clean, spacious, have a large balcony and are modern.

They aren't in the CBD but they are only a quick 5 min tram ride (if that) into the CBD and are $150 a night. Well worth it in my experience.

http://www.questrichmond.com.au/

Hope this helps. :-)

Edited: 07 July 2010, 12:00
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest and Best Hotel in CBD??

Hi woolamai,

Yes, this info is excellent and I have heard that Richmond is great for vIetnamese food too! Thankyou so much for your help,

:>)

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,148 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest and Best Hotel in CBD??

mimistella, I can not comment on the Quest apartments, but I can comment on their location. Yes, they are located near many restaurants - not just Vietnamese, but many Asian restaurants. Richmond is a very vibrant suburb and the apartments are located just a short tram ride into the city. In fact, if you enjoy walking, then the walk would take about 30 minutes.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest and Best Hotel in CBD??

Not sure too many can even make a comment on the 'cheapest and best place to stay' as I doubt to many people have stayed at every hotel in the city to compare. They can only make recommendations on the one or two places they have or point you to a site such as Wotif to do your own research on prices. So its a tall order......

And remember when reading reviews to pick out the wingers ( I stayed in a 8 story hotel in the middle of a big city of skyscrapers and didnt have a view type or there was a building RIGHT across the road from my window) from genuine complaints. :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapest and Best Hotel in CBD??

Yes, I agree that it is a tall order and I should not have been so silly.....lol! Anyway, thanks to all who replied and I will continue perusing wotif/ lastminute etc and I guess either way 'one man's palace is another man's ?". Cheers, mimistella :)

8. Re: Cheapest and Best Hotel in CBD??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 06:18