We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jetbay parking beware

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
jetbay parking beware

I parked my car there for three days, the price was good but on collecting the car I found a long scratch. I have spent a week trying to get them to acknowledge my emails and phone calls. I am getting the runaround about checking video and all of the management staff being on annual leave, so no one will talk to me about this problem. They parked the car so I assume their drivers are not concerned about damage to clients vehicles.

They advertise safe, secure parking so beware they really don't give a toss.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jetbay parking beware

beedub, I'm sorry to hear that. Did you check the car before you left their premises? When I leave my car for servicing at the local car dealers, they always check my car with me before I depart and I am required to fill in a proforma then and there as to any scratches or dints. I think any parking company that takes your keys and then offers to park your car for a period, should be doing the same.

Melbourne
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: jetbay parking beware

i would have been happy to get my car back with a scratch on it. I parked it there and they 'lost' my car. Still dont have it, and what is their response? 'We have no idea where it is'. Investigation still ongoing...

This place is dodgy, I wouldnt recommend parking your car here. They leave cars unlocked with keys on the dashboard in several different garages along the street of which they do not have security cameras covering. They lost my car and I didnt even hear a 'sorry', do not park here.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jetbay parking beware

Did you notify the police? If they "lost" my car, I wouldn't leave their premises until I called the police.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,358 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jetbay parking beware

As Navy says, contact the police. And contact your insurance company too. Sounds like it's not "lost" but "stolen" to me.

Luigi

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,382 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jetbay parking beware

i dont deal with these sorts of airport parking enterprises (pick up/deliver/leave the keys) since the one time i did and found the car had 400+ extra km on the clock when i got it back a week later.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jetbay parking beware

Alarm bells ringing that the stolen car person has one single post?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,358 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jetbay parking beware

Not alarm bells: just the normal scepticism.

But everyone's gotta have a first post sometime and a "lost" car might be just enough to do the trick.

Luigi

cranbourne
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: jetbay parking beware

Its parking at your own risk. I used to use andrews.. same deal. if you leave your keys there. the keys will be left on the dash.

Its parked at your own risk.

Insure your car and dont leave expensive cars,

I unlike many people pay attention to terms and conditions when it comes to my own personal belongings.

im sure this person went to the police.

cars dont just got 'missing'

Melbourne
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: jetbay parking beware

To update my previous post, particularly for people like 6andy6, I refused to leave until the Police were called. They of course were very against the idea of Police involvement. Their idea was 'we will drive you home and contact you later'. I insisted either you call or I will. We took a drive to the station and filed a report and later that night at 1am I got a call my car was found.

So how does a car get from a secure parking company and end up burnt out 4 kilometres away? Jetbay still have no idea a month later.

Like I have said in another stream of posts on this website, its up to you. Save a few bucks and park with a company who are rapidly gaining a reputation for very poor customer service, procedures that obviously arent working, damaged cars, and now a record of losing a car, OR, pay a little more and park at the airport or somewhere a lot more safe and secure than Jetbay.

Like the old saying, If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

victoria
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: jetbay parking beware

hi Beedub, this just happened to me (2 big scratches), can you please tell me the outcome. Did jetbay pay for the repairs or did you just leave it. could you kindly please email your results to richie.ngu@hotmail.com

Much appreciate it,

Richard