We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with my schedule for Hobart!

Which Hobart hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
46 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with my schedule for Hobart!

We are heading to Tasmania over Easter and I thought I should book ahead what we can. On Friday I had planned to go on the Cascade brewery tour 11am to 1pm, have a quick lunch at the cafe, then Louise's Walk at 2pm, finishing with a drive up Mt Wellington. Saturday would be the markets of course, then MoNa. We have 3 kids under 9, would the Friday plan be too rushed? Is there a better way to do this? I haven't quite got my grip on the layout of Hobart. We will be in our car. On Sunday we planned to spend the day at Port Arthur. Thank you in advance.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,341 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with my schedule for Hobart!

It sounds like a good plan to me. Make sure you book the Cascade tour in advance. Same with Louisa's Walk. And I'd say that for anything else you might want to do on Good Friday. It sounds like a good plan to me for Friday. Have lunch at the Cascade restaurant.

Take the ferry from the Brooke Street pier at the docks to MONA. Don't drive. The ferry is a part of the MONA experience. Also be aware that some of the exhibits at MONA are not suitable for kids, but they'll give you a map of the parts of the museum to avoid and it's pretty easy. The kids will love the Cloaca. Arrange your visit to be there for feeding time. :)

Take a look at the Top Questions on the right of this page. There's a link to a map of Hobart there.

Luigi

Edited: 23 March 2012, 21:35
Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with my schedule for Hobart!

I am surprised that the Cascade Brewery Tour would be operating on Good Friday. Have you checked?

Regards

Suzi

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,076 posts
1,390 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with my schedule for Hobart!

Another vote for taking the ferry over to Mona; its all apart of the experience.

You could also drive via Tasmania Devil Conservation Park on your way to Port Arthur. The kids would love it !!

You can hand feed kangaroo's , wallabies & see the show Kings of the Wind with falcons & hawks. There is also regular feeding times for the Tasman Devils at the times 10am, 11am, 12.15pm, 1.30pm, 3pm and 5pm (4.30pm in winter). Hand-feed the kangaroos: 10.30am and 2.30pm.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,341 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help with my schedule for Hobart!

I think Cascade is open on Good Friday.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,020 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help with my schedule for Hobart!

According to Cascade web site the 6/4/2012 has 3 tours available, 11am, 1 pm and 2.30pm.

Edited: 01 April 2012, 20:04
6. Re: Please help with my schedule for Hobart!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:42