We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Field National Park - open 24 hrs?

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Mt. Field National Park - open 24 hrs?

Having trouble finding out on-line if there is a time when the national park closes, specifically access to Russell Falls. Not that I'd go walking around in the dark to a waterfall but want to know if they restrict access. Don't want to drive all the way there and have a gate across the road! Thank you - you've all been so great!!

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
31,159 posts
77 reviews
1. Re: Mt. Field National Park - open 24 hrs?

It's always open.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Mt. Field National Park - open 24 hrs?

Thank you...I'm such a planner - there are no dumb questions, right? So excited for this trip!

At least I didn't ask what is the best restaurant in Tasmania. Just kidding. Hope you are having a great day!

Sydney NSW
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Mt. Field National Park - open 24 hrs?

In some seasons there are glow worms at night near the falls.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
31,159 posts
77 reviews
4. Re: Mt. Field National Park - open 24 hrs?

LoveTravel, I took it as a sensible, simple question. :)

There are advantages in being there earlier and later than the Parks staff: That's when all the animals are out. The walk to Russel Falls is renowned for the numbers of wallabies you'll encounter on the track.

You just need to walk around the Info Centre building to get to the falls track from the carpark.

5. Re: Mt. Field National Park - open 24 hrs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2017, 04:16