We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf buggy charge

ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
golf buggy charge

Have booked for a week in march at Whitsunday apartments. There is no golf buggy included. Can you hire a buggy anyway and if so- what is the cost?...also - we have 3 children 13,13 and 8 - how many people can a buggy accommodate?

UK
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: golf buggy charge

You can hire a buggy from the resort, but they are pricey. You could probably squeeze the 5 of you on one - so it would be $85 per day.

NSW
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: golf buggy charge

Hi,

We also stayed at the Whitsunday Apartments in October and there were also 5 of us. We found we didn't need a buggy for everyday activities as the complementary bus went everywhere and we walked most of the time anyway. We were told that the island has the same road rules etc as mainland Queensland and were told at the time of booking a buggy that it seats a maximum of 4 people. We did book 2 buggies for an afternoon at the end of our trip which was a fabulous experience and we saw a lot more nice places by just cruising around- particularly up near one tree hill. If we were buying groceries etc we caught the free bus back to the reception area so we found it wasn't necessary to have a buggy. We loved the breakfasts at Toucan tangos and it was a short walk away anyway.

Hope you love it like we did.

Abbey_bern

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: golf buggy charge

Like everyone else has said, the Whitsunday Apartments are in a pretty good location. I stayed there a few years ago, however we did hire a golf buggy to get around (but that was because it was summer, we were getting married and the island has a lot of hills).

Maximum is 4 on the golf buggies and i believe they have become very strict with this. I have just returned back from Hamilton Island yesterday, and in the 6 days i was there, i did not see anyone questioning things like this. A lot of the buggies also now have seat belts.

The free bus operates very regularly. So you could get away with not having a buggy and using the bus to get over to the Marina Side of the island.

4. Re: golf buggy charge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island