I've asked a few snorkelling questions before but each time I read this forum, a get a bit more confused so i hope someone could help me clarify some of my questions
I'm thinking of going to the GBR and I guess most people on this forum have suggested the Fantasea. I understand they take you out to the ocean and then you can either dive, snorkel or view the fish from the boat view area.
1) I'm thinking of snorkelling but not a very strong swimmer. On the website it mentions a guided snorkelling tour (at additional cost). As I'm not a strong swimmer, I prefer to stay close to the boat.... will there be pretty fish near the boat or do I need to swim out?
2) Is there something to hold on to once you are in the water?
If not, is there at least some float boats on board that we can use?
3) If I go snorkelling without joining the tour, does snorkelling without the guide incur an additional cost?
4) I'm wondering if I do take this guided tour, I'll probably opt of the vest... i heard it does get in the way, does the tour go far?
5) Sea sickness, read from another post that it takes 2 hours out from HI to the reef, how probable is sea sickness?
6) Usually for tourist attractions here in sydney, the airport is flooded with brochures with coupons that offer discounts to the attractions. Are there such a thing or discounts you are aware off for Fantasea in HI?
7) Also considering doing Whitehaven... is this usually combined with the GBR or most probably 2 day thing?
8) Should i prebook or book when i get there. I read in another post that if it is windy, it affects the visibility. I want to see what the weather is like closer to the date to make my decision on which day to go on the day trip.
Sorry for the long list of questions, just want to be prepared.