We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane CBD walking tours

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Brisbane CBD walking tours

Looking at booking a guided walking tour of Brisbane CBD for next week. There are several free tours(Strawberry & Greeters) and one that is $60, (Brisbane City Essentials). Any reason the $60one is better than free? Believe me, I like free but want to use my time wisely. Thank you.

6 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
11,887 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Brisbane CBD walking tours

I have not used Greeter in Brisbane, I have in other places. They are volunteers who enjoy showing off their city and will personalise the tour to your interests.

I would choose Greeters.

Cheers.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Brisbane CBD walking tours

Thank you. Not sure if it is specifically called that but it is the volunteer guides from the visitors center.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
13,074 posts
118 reviews
3. Re: Brisbane CBD walking tours

Brisbane Greeters is coordinated by "Visit Brisbane" ... you couldn't get a more enthusiastic group to show you around, they do it because they love it.

https:/…

Mooloolaba...
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Brisbane CBD walking tours

Definitely use Greeters. I've seen them quite a bit around the city and they're quiet passionate about the city.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Brisbane CBD walking tours

Thanks everyone - I booked with Greeters then I'll head over to the Botantic Gardens for their free tour in the afternoon. Looks like beautiful sunny days in Brisbane this weekend!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
11,887 posts
54 reviews
6. Re: Brisbane CBD walking tours

You’ve got to love our Brissie winters. Cold nights but glorious warm days - I do hope you will have time to jump on a Citycat down to Bulimba - a great way to see the city.

Cheers.

Reply to: Brisbane CBD walking tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted