We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Active beach holiday in QL (not first-timers)?!

Helsinki, Finland
2 posts
Save Topic
Active beach holiday in QL (not first-timers)?!

Me (25) and my mum (50+) are travelling to Brisbane to visit my brother, who is studying there.

Our plan is to stay in Brisbane for 5-7 days and after that continue our holiday somewhere in QL for a week or so.

We have both been to Australia before, so the usual tourist spots in Queensland have already been seen. We prefer beach holiday with nice hotels (my mum loves her 4+ resorts;)) and things to do (restaurants, nature, activities). We don't drive, so the destination should be reachable by plane/train/bus...

Any suggestions where we should go? And what to do?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Active beach holiday in QL (not first-timers)?!

a few suggestions that should fit your criteria-

Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays

Noosa on Sunshine Coast

Port Douglas, north of Cairns

Palm Cove just north of Cairns

Broadbeach on the Gold Coast

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,038 posts
1,381 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Active beach holiday in QL (not first-timers)?!

Hi,

We have both been to Australia before "" where ??

Surfoz suggestions are great .. another vote for

Noosa -

Whitsundays -

Helsinki, Finland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Active beach holiday in QL (not first-timers)?!

Thanks for your answers!

I did a 2-day sailing/diving trip on Whitsundays a few years back and it was just amazing! Hamilton Island is one of our top options at the moment, but the prices and flights seem really expensive around Easter when we are travelling. Difficult decision. What would you say are the pros and cons of HI?

I have been to Noosa and Port Douglas, which are of course good options, but would be fun to stay in a new place. Now I started to consider Broadbeach as well, being close to Brisbane and all... Difficult!:)

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,925 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Active beach holiday in QL (not first-timers)?!

Byron Bay. There's a shuttle bus from Brisbane airport. Stunning Beach, great restaurants and accommodation options and a laid back lifestyle.

If you have been to the Gold Coast, you have been to Broadbeach. It's about 1 km south of Surfers Paradise.

Easter is busy. I would book very soon.

Enjoy!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Active beach holiday in QL (not first-timers)?!

Yes Byron bay is also a good choice . Flights and accom will be expensive anywhere you go at Easter and good accom will already be booked out.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Active beach holiday in QL (not first-timers)?!

Take a look at Mission Beach. Fly to Cairns and there will be transport available from there.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Active beach holiday in QL (not first-timers)?!

You could try Cairns.

There's plenty of things to do and see just in and around Cairns. Go to:

http://www.what-about-cairns-australia.com/

If you travel south of Cairns, you'll find some gorgeous spots ie. Mission Beach. Then if you go west to the Atherton Tablelands, there's a whole lot more to see.

8. Re: Active beach holiday in QL (not first-timers)?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:40