We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who's used Ace rental cars?

Dunedin
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Who's used Ace rental cars?

Has anyone ever used Ace rental cars? and were they any good?

They seem pretty good, cheap and reliable by there website http://www.acerentalcars.com.au

Im hoping they are as good as they look

33 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Who's used Ace rental cars?

I had very bad experience with this company. The cars are ok, there were no problems. But when we returned the car in Tugun office they promised us to return our frozen 3000 AUD deposit to my credit card in 5-7 days. Now it's 3 weeks since I returned a car and I still didn't get my money back. I'm out of money right now and they just ignoring my emails, they do not want to do anything about this situation. So, my advice is stay away from acerentalcars in Queensland. There are plenty more other rental companies around Gold Coast with more convenient office locations.

Edited: 16 April 2012, 08:16
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who's used Ace rental cars?

See this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255068-i461-k4922…

Brisbane
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Who's used Ace rental cars?

I had rented a car from them twice with 3 weeks between the rentals. The wait time at the airport is 30 min. First time it was ok. The car was normal but looked very worn, it had near 70,000 km. The second time I booked the car over the net. The confirmation came however there was no lock code for pickup. It was only later when I arrived to the airport around 1 am that I realized they did not deliver the car. I spent the night on the bench at the airport. When they picked me to their location at 9 am they said that I did not submit them my driver license. Their form on the internet does not ask for it. I told them I have rented car from them three weeks before, and they have my license on file. They answered that their systems!!! are not connected. They gave me a car, Hyundai with 149,000 km, looking like a junk, scratches and dents on every panel, steering wheel torn apart and covered with some kind of a wrap. Every time the car accelerated there was a whistling noise coming from transmission area, and on the u-turns there was a nocking noise from front suspension or a drive shaft. They did not want to admit their wrong doing for not delivering car to the pickup location, and the guy named John was very rude. I hired a car for 5 weeks and they showed no appreciation at all.

I would not advise anyone to rent a car from them.

Birr, Ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who's used Ace rental cars?

I rented a small campervan from them last year. Had no issues with them at all. The pick up was in an industrial location in Brisbane but the guy there was extremely helpful and showed me everything I needed to know. The van was basic but roadworthy and reliable, exactly what I paid for. I had the van for 10 days, picked up in Brisbane and returned in Sydney. The bond was held on my CC but was released the same day that I returned the van. Any communication I had with them was by e-mail which was answered promptly (allowing for the time difference). Personally, as I was paying a cheap rate, I didn't expect much but was very, very happy with what I got for the money I paid. So I guess it just depends on your expectations.......I would have absolutely no hesitation in using them again.

Mandurah, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Who's used Ace rental cars?

I intend to rent from this firm on Gold Coast. Have you received your $3000.00 deposit yet. If so how long did it take. Regards Annette

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,499 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who's used Ace rental cars?

Annette, I see you're new to TripAdvisor and probably don't understand how it works. It is very unlikely that someone who posted over ten months ago and has not posted since then is going to reply to this thread.

If you want to ask a particular poster a question, you can send them a Private Message (PM) by clicking on their name, looking down the left hand side to "Send Message", click on that and follow the prompts. TA will forward your message to them and alert their private email that there is a message for them. They may or may not respond.

I see Maria F has only posted twice ten months ago and she also may not understand how PMs work, so you may not get an answer.

Mandurah, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Who's used Ace rental cars?

Thank you for explaining to me regards this posting.

By the way I went ahead with this company and were delighted with the ease of booking and wonderful service. The price was well under the other Hire companies and we were fully covered with insurance with no access.

Regards Annette.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who's used Ace rental cars?

I found their service was exemplary. Excellent value for money and during the rental I extended it seamlessly. They were also very helpful in regard to the toll roads. I phoned the number they gave me and arranged to pay for my toll charges by credit card having told them the dates and times for my rental.

K L
Hong Kong, China
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Who's used Ace rental cars?

I have just rented a Toyota Corolla Hatch for 15 days from ACE Brisbane and am nicely surprised by the car and service despite some negative comments which I had read on the web. I made the booking through a car rental website based in the U.K. When they informed me that the supplier was ACE, I almost pulled out after I had read some reviews. However, my son encouraged to keep the booking because of the attractive rate. I thought I would tryp and that turned out to be a pleasant and gratifying experience. When I arrived at the airport, I called ACE and was greeted courteously. The shuttle bus came about 15 minutes later and the trip was slightly more than 5 minutes. The staff at the counter was friendly and courteous. The car, despite not spotless, was tidy and clean. The log book showed that it was about 2 years old with about 70,000 km on the clock. It ran well without any problem. I could have given a 5-star rating, if not because I found on the second day that the flap of the luggage compartment was missing. Without that, it would not be secure to keep anything in the luggage compartment of a hatch back. I called them and the flap was put back (of course I had to drive back). In summary, I think it was very good value for money and, as a traveller with budget constraints, I surely will go back to them the next time.

Sydney, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Who's used Ace rental cars?

I found the people friendly but the service, process and transfers were woeful, far away from the airport and the insurance waiers not explained and costly to be stung with upon arriving at the office in the middle of nowhere.

I will never use this company again and plan to do much more thorough research that relying on a website with not service followups.

I got booked for something two months after using the car I hired and they charged me $65.00 processing fee! I still do not know whether it was actually me who did something or what the offence was for!

Reply to: Who's used Ace rental cars?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted