We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good places to eat

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
good places to eat

hi,

I was wondering where are the best places to eat in Alice... not high end, just good value for money, maybe somewhere hat has meal deals or specials on certain nights. We are staying in Alice for 3 days then off for a week, then back for a night before heading off again. Thanks :)

Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Red Centre
Level Contributor
811 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good places to eat

Hi

For a fairly standard meal, with nightly specials, Todd Tavern, Gillen Club, Sporties and the RSL will tick the box.

For a nice lunch or brunch, bit more expensive but quirky, Page 27, Watertank and Olive Pink are all very nice.

Nice to see someone spending more than 1 night in Alice - enjoy your time, there's plenty to see and do.

Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Alice Springs, Kings Canyon, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Red Centre, Northern Territory
Level Contributor
727 posts
1,949 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good places to eat

Hi soobee4,

I agree with I'madesertgirl,

It’s great to see you are here for more than one day.

Sporties have a great range of food including signature dishes like the Spicy Barramundi, Steak Gambari and Beef and Bugs being the most popular. Located at the Northern end of Todd Mall.

The Todd Tavern is an old time favourite, with very cheap, pub style meals, basically, a minutes’ walk further north along Todd St.

You also get what you pay for, but if you want value for money, try the RSL.

My last recommendation is actually the Gillen Club.

To be honest, we have rarely found the food here, to be of a good quality- most of the time.

Although it is always busy and popular with almost all of the locals, prices will reflect the quality of dishes.

Edited: 23 January 2016, 14:10
3. Re: good places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2017, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Alice Springs