We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney june/july or august/september? Help please

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
468 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney june/july or august/september? Help please

We are deciding on a 15 day australian tour either starting last week of june or last week of august...

We also want to go to the great barrier reef.

We really wanted to go on june because it fits perfectly with our schedule but, if it's too cold in sydney and GBR then we don't have a choice but take them on august. Is the temperature difference on those times much different? I read that it will be on the 50s farenheit on june but, is it a comfortable 50s meaning the wind/windchill factor is ok?

If anybody has an idea on gbr on this forum, will appreciate any input, too..thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney june/july or august/september? Help please

Hi... I live in Auatralia. Either of these times are great to visit. Late August is possibly slightly warmer but if you're going to the Barrier Reef it will be fairly warm. Probably mid 20sC. I would be more concerned about being there during NSW and QLD school holidays when it can be quite crowded. Good luck and happy travels

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney june/july or august/september? Help please

Whether it be June or August, the difference in the weather will be marginal and not worth altering dates. Coming from Manila, you will find Sydney quite cold. But northern Australia will be warm and pleasant.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
16,546 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney june/july or august/september? Help please

August in Sydney can be very windy- and you will notice it particularly if you are planning to visit the Blue Mountains.

NSW public school holiday dates this year are: June 28 to July 15

Queensland public schol holidays are: June 21 to July 8

this may impact on your decision as accommodation bookings will be heavier

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney june/july or august/september? Help please

Hi... I live in Auatralia. Either of these times are great to visit. Late August is possibly slightly warmer but if you're going to the Barrier Reef it will be fairly warm. Probably mid 20sC. I would be more concerned about being there during NSW and QLD school holidays when it can be quite crowded. Good luck and happy travels

5. Re: Sydney june/july or august/september? Help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2014, 05:17