We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney - Transport to Get about

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney - Transport to Get about

We will be in sydney for 5 days what is the most cost effective method of getting about. Is their some form of pass for ferrys and buses i.e a one of two day pass.

We intend to vist Manly and Bondi Beach. Watson Bay, Taronga Zoo, all of which are outside the city centre.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney - Transport to Get about

Hi

This link from the FAQ's/Top questions (rhs of this page) should provide the information you need

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g255060-c104768/Syd…

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney - Transport to Get about

If you buy single tickets.

Taronga is a MyFerry1 - $5.30 each way.

Manly is a MyFerry2 - $6.60 each way.

To do Watsons Bay, Bondi Beach, get the ferry to Watsons Bay $5.30, bus to Bondi Beach $3.30, bus back to city, $4.30.

Total price $37. Or you can buy a weekly MyMulti-1 which will cover all those trips, and all buses and ferries in Sydney, and trains within 10km of the city for $41 for the week.

If you do Bondi and Watsons Bay on separate days, you are immediately better off.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney - Transport to Get about

Id go with what inas66 said,maybe go for the My Multi1,gives you unlimited access to public transport,and to a point the trains.Really also depends on where you staying and how many in your group.With the zoo,there are Zoolink tickets available which give you ferry,bus trip up hill and entry(and train travel if needed)

www.sydneybuses.info

www.131500.info

these sites will give you a little run down on what you may need,also there are "transit shops" located at Circular Quay,Wynyard,behind the QVB and at Central.

London
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney - Transport to Get about

Thnaks for your reply.

It looks like we will be better of buying one of these weekly MyMulti-1 passes.

I assume if one goes to the Zoo and have a pass you just need an entry ticket to the Zoo?

Do you have to use this pass during the course of a single week, or can you use any unsed days at later date.

London
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney - Transport to Get about

Thnaks for your reply.

It looks like we will be better of buying one of these weekly MyMulti-1 passes.

I assume if one goes to the Zoo and have a pass you just need an entry ticket to the Zoo?

Do you have to use this pass during the course of a single week, or can you use any unsed days at later date.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sydney - Transport to Get about

True,if you have the pass and means to get to the zoo,then all is required is entry.The My Multi is valid for the calender week.

Sg
Level Contributor
113 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sydney - Transport to Get about

Just wanna hijack this topic to ask a question.

If I get a Mymulti1, will it be of any use if i plan to take the train from sydney city to katoomba to visit the blue mt?

8. Re: Sydney - Transport to Get about

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 17:16