We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nrl round3

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
nrl round3

hi, hope to be heading to the parra stadium on saturday the 28th of march to watch the eels v raiders game (hope the eels are worth watching bigrockinguy Lol) the kick off is 7.30 and was wandering is it worth going early on the ferry and making aday of it, im sure there is blenty to do in parramatta but the rugby is my mine objective, not sure but i think the train is the only option to return to the city at that time of night after the game, cheers from a vikings fan.

sydney,aust.
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nrl round3

I wouldn't be sure that the parra game is the best one that weekend but......

you could make an afternoon/night of it.I would suggest taking the ferry to homebush and getting the bus down to the olympic precinct and have a look around there and go on to parra by train. The parra river after homebush has about the same scenic appeal as the ship canal.

dont forget there will be an under 20 game at the ground starting around 5.00 pm..better standard then the coop league.

have a drink/meal at the parra leagues club..sample a little of genuine aussie urban culture.

The train is the best way home.

I will be attending a salford superleague game in july...any tips for the willows?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nrl round3

There are actually a couple of places worth a look at Parramatta such as Elizabeth Farm & Old Government House, so you could easily spend a couple of hours wandering around before the game..

http://www.visitnsw.com/area/Parramatta.aspx

…nsw.gov.au/culture__and__leisure/heritage_c…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nrl round3

Hehehehe,you surely jest.Of course Parra are worth it,this is coming from a frustrated fan of 30 odd years.

Anyway,as the other two said go early on the ferry to say Olympic Park and suss out there for a few hours,then catch either the train or bus(525) into Parramatta,and walk up towards Parramatta Park to old Govt house etc.From there is just across the river to the stadium,maybe get there about 500ish to watch an earlier game,then the main game.(more for your money that way)

Catch the free shuttle back to the station,then train home,as no rivercats at 10.00pm

Go the Eels,kick some Raider butt

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nrl round3

hi guys,

olympic park it is then, then onto parramatta for a couple of hours before going onto parra stadium for the game,

thanks for your help,

by the way Jacko you asked about going the willows, would give it a miss if i was you, try and get a game in at the stobart stadium instead and watch a team that sould be in superleague,

bigrockinguy i will be shouting for the eels and lets hope they do kick some Raiders butt jus like we did back in 1990..

thanks again.

5. Re: nrl round3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 11:17