We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azul Beach- getting bumped from hotel due to overbooking

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Azul Beach- getting bumped from hotel due to overbooking

I've just read three TripAdvisor reviews in a row from people who booked their stay at Azul Beach and were moved to Azul Sensatori when they arrived due to "overbooking". How can that happen? If all guests prepay (like I have for my trip in April), why would they sell more rooms than they have available. And what tips can anyone offer me so I can increase my chances of getting a room? I've already stayed at Azul Beach , and have seen the Sensatori and would be at all happy about having to switch.

Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Azul Beach- getting bumped from hotel due to overbooking

It's funny you should mention that eam149, a lot of recent reviews of Sensatori talk about trying to bump people from there to an El Dorado. My wife and I have never been to Mexico, so it doesn't really matter to us where we end up, as long as we have a good time. It'll just be weird to get moved somewhere else, since I've read all of th reviews for Sensatori and feel like I already know the place.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Azul Beach- getting bumped from hotel due to overbooking

If you are a "victum" of overbooking...make sure you negotiate with the hotel as much as possible, you should be able to get much more than their initial offer.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Azul Beach- getting bumped from hotel due to overbooking

If you're a repeat guest I wonder if they would even attempt to bump you.

You could email them a week before your arrival and mention you're a returning again to the resort and if you have a room request, or any other request, add that to it. That way you're on their radar.

We did the same last year requesting a specific room number and mentioning how excited we were to be returning. I even called 2 days before I arrival to confirm our room request.

Sure enough we got our requested room and had a couple bottles of champagne, tshirts and other goodies in the room waiting for us.

Just an idea but it surely can't hurt.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Azul Beach- getting bumped from hotel due to overbooking

Sorry, just read the most recent review. Doesn't look like email ahead of time helped them any. Too bad!

Hopefully being a repeat guest will help and you won't get bumped.

mississauga
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Azul Beach- getting bumped from hotel due to overbooking

OK, I am greaking out too! read the reviews about getting bumped - we booked in Feb and are going April 3rd and am really worried now. We are not repeat visitors but might be if we can actually get the room we paid for.

I hope the hotel knows this can make people not want to even try to book there.

Wish us luck!

Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Azul Beach- getting bumped from hotel due to overbooking

I suspect these reviews were from March Break, the busiest time of the year. We just returned from a week at Azul Beach yesterday and it definitely wasn't full. We were not bumped. I doubt you need to worry about it in April. Relax and have a great time. This resort is amazing.

South Western...
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Azul Beach- getting bumped from hotel due to overbooking

we head to the Azul Sensatori tomorrow and have booked the premium rooms,

This over booking this drives me crazy, how do you upgrade from the top shelf. Is the Azul beach or the El Dorado any better resorts

Last year we were at the Princess Platinum and that was pretty awesome, hard not to go back

I don’t mind being bumped but it better be a better deal at a nicer resort. Any thoughts on what you should be asking for if bumped

NJ
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Azul Beach- getting bumped from hotel due to overbooking

I'm the original poster- I just think the hotels are all so different- we specifically picked Azul Beach because of its small size- we didn't want a large hotel like the Sensatori- it bothers me that they think it's okay to move people around, and overbooking seems like a big scam to me, and it's frustrating to pay ahead and get shut out.

mississauga
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Azul Beach- getting bumped from hotel due to overbooking

Well I sent an email to the hotel to re-confirm our room, put a "read" receipt on the email so know it was read but didn't get a reply which makes me nervous. I really don't want the Sensatori, we are going 100% for the beach, don't care about the room much as long as it is clean. So, will post when we get back to let all know if it is still going on. Maybe we'll just camp out in the lobby if they try to play games. Wonder what happens if you flat out refuse?? Or hang out in the lobby to see who checks out? I sure hope the Azul Beach Hotel has changed since so many people got bumped, including that whole wedding!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Azul Beach- getting bumped from hotel due to overbooking

I would flat out refuse, sit yourself in the lobby and say you aren't moving. Everytime someone came in to check in I would stand next to them and listen to see if if they get a room. I play hardball when it comes to my vacations. If you don't like the deal they give you, don't take it.

And, don't worry and have fun!