We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sensatori: what things is everyone most concerned about?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
61 reviews
Sensatori: what things is everyone most concerned about?

There's been a mixture of reviews, some good and some bad, and most are bringing up the same issues: cold pools, brown/smelly water, rubbish beach, spotty maid service, lack of choice re. restaurants. I thought I'd start a thread so everyone can voice their concerns.

The cold pools don't bother me: I don't like heated pools on holiday, I like to cool down (yes, I'm odd!); beach doesn't bother me; and I'm sure all the restaurants will be open for all meals once the resort gets more guests.

BUT, I'm v concerned about the leaky showers, and the water. I'm HOPING the water issue is just because of teething problems; I'd really hate it if it was smelly all the time, yuk.

I'm also concerned about the maid service. I'm not bothered about turn down, I think it's pretty pointless; but not doing rooms until the afternoon?! I expect rooms to be cleaned by midday. If this is a problem now, I can't help wondering what it'll be like when the resort is at capacity...

I'm also a bit concerned by the fact you have to order room service once dinner is over. If we head into Cancun or Playa, we're going to want snacks when we get back, and having to order room service will be a pain.

How does everyone else feel?

Somerset
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Sensatori: what things is everyone most concerned about?

Beach - the husband is a bit of a nightmare to occupy, needs to be entertained with snorkling, so if the sea is full of grass I will end up having to play tennis/volleyball/kiss chase(?!)!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Sensatori: what things is everyone most concerned about?

Lol.

I'm also a fan of snorkeling; I'm going to go on a few trips to do it though, including a night-time one. There's a few places in Puerto Morelos that offer trips and they're all fairly cheap; plus they're not too long (about 2 hours tops) so I figure I can squeeze a few in!

North Vancouver...
5 posts
1 review
3. Re: Sensatori: what things is everyone most concerned about?

Smelly water will be an issue but I assume it is just flushing out the pipes and it will be a non issue in a couple weeks.

What I am most worried about is the vacation being over and having to return to searching TA on my lunch hour but not having any vacation planned.

Beaches - No matter what shape the beach is in it certainly will be better the swimming at our local beaches in January.

I also read about slow dinner service but it takes me a while at home to cook dinner, eat, and clean up and my wife and I still need to look after my 2 kids (oldest of whom is 3) so if dinner there takes a while at least I won't have to cook and clean.

I will just go with the flow and enjoy the vacation. As long as I am there with my family all will be good.

sheffield
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Sensatori: what things is everyone most concerned about?

I think the pool is cold because its only just been filled up and with a few weeks sun on it it will be fine. The staff will improve in no time and my only concern is how quick my holiday in the sun will pass.

Remember every one wants different things from their holiday and what suits one doesn't suit another go with an open mind and im sure you will have a fabulous time. 40 days and counting down to sun sea and mojito's yum yum.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
418 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Sensatori: what things is everyone most concerned about?

Water.....both the cold type in the pools and the odd colored type in the hot tubs and showers.

This is turning into a real mess in my mind right now...we're going to be there in 12 days and we can't decide if we should make a change right now or wait until we get there and then decide. I'm thinking staying there for 2 nights and then if it's not looking good to transfer for the last 6 nights to either EDR, EDSS, El Dorado Maroma or Azul Beach. The problem of course is price differential and availability.

WJW
Hinckley,Ohio
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
6. Re: Sensatori: what things is everyone most concerned about?

Actually Luxtravelor's last post stated everything was getting better by the end of her stay,that's a really great sign!

Michigan
Level Contributor
513 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Sensatori: what things is everyone most concerned about?

BrunoandBrenda

Did you see Luxtravelers new post today (or maybe yesterday)? They just returned home and the problems they had early on in their vacation (smelly water, etc) were greatly improved by the time they came home.

I don't know what I would do if I was leaving in 12 days, but I have a feeling things are getting better everyday.

Report back to us when you get back, OK?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
418 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Sensatori: what things is everyone most concerned about?

Yes, there will be a full report when we get back.

Saskatoon, SK
Level Contributor
839 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: Sensatori: what things is everyone most concerned about?

CHEZY.... I don't think the pool will warm up. We were in Mayan Riviera 5 yrs ago at Bahia Principe Akumal and that resort had been open for two years. The water was so cold in the pool, we had to push each other in to cool off :)

So I am not expecting warm pool water or even just refreshing pool water.

I am more worried about the beach/swimming in the ocean and the smelly brown water in the rooms, though.

Texas
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Sensatori: what things is everyone most concerned about?

I did not think the water smelled badly. It's the sea smell we have always had in Mexico- not worse... The pool water was sparkling clean- pool and hot tubs by the time we left.

The beach is not rocky for the most part- there are some areas with rocks, but my kids splashed around all day and built sand castles.

The sea grass is only an issue when it washes in- i did not notice it actually growing in the shallow parts... Once the sea grass was cleared the sand and the water is pretty. But, when there is heavy sea grass the small crashing waves look dirty, sometimes black. This was only usually about 50 feet wide and then other parts were clearer- hence my comment earlier on weather/storm/tide patterns affecting the amount.

We did get the the fruit and champagne in our room mid-stay, for 2 nights. (supposed to come once in beginning). Turndown service is nice because in Casitas they would put on music, set up your aromaatherapy, put a candy on your pillow and reset your towel art, dimmed the lights...made it warm when you walked in after dinner.

Maids usually cleaned our room around 1 pm when the baby was sleeping...made them come back or clean around her.