We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Combi to los ayala or rincon

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
Combi to los ayala or rincon

Has anyone taken the combi from Lo De Marcos to Los Ayala, La Penita or Rincon De Guayabitos?

If so how often do they go and would you recommend using them?

Thank you!

Stonewoman

17 replies to this topic
Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Combi to los ayala or rincon

What is a combi? We have taken the collectivo to La Penita and back. Cheap, easy.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Combi to los ayala or rincon

Not sure where I got the word combi from. Do you know how often it goes and will it stop at Los Ayala and Rincon as well.

Thanks so much for your help!

Stonewoman

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Combi to los ayala or rincon

Hi,

I dont remember waiting too long for the collectivo, maybe 15 mins. I'm not sure how often they run but probably fairly frequently. It goes thru Rincon de Guayabitos and you can get off there if you want. We were going to La Penita that day so stayed on. I dont know about Los Ayala, sorry.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
408 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Combi to los ayala or rincon

The collectivos are sometimes called combis usually at the airports. It would probably be easiest to get off in Guayabitos then walk over to Los Ayala as it is fairly far from the highway into LA. I could be wrong but in anycase it would stop on the highway by LA if you tell the driver.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Combi to los ayala or rincon

Thank you Lululemon,

My husband thought we might have picked up the word "combi" in Peru. We will get off in Guayabitos as we are still looking for a place to stay in February. We can't believe how everything is booked up! And we have been looking for quite some time. We are hoping that in December we may find someplace in Los Ayala (our first preference) or Guayabitos or La Penita by walking and hoping some new spots are just opening.

Stonewoman

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Combi to los ayala or rincon

Will you be staying in Lo de Marcos before heading to Los Ayala area?

Try booking.com for the towns you are interested in, there were some places available there.Yeah you need to look online for possibilities months before your trip. I'm thinking of Los Ayala area for next winter, our plans are sorted for this winter. I love Lo de Marcos :-)

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,940 posts
216 reviews
7. Re: Combi to los ayala or rincon

Combi comes from a old model of Volkswagen Van. It's feminine so la combi. Some areas like Mex City and east coast might use the terminology, but more common is the generic "colectivo" with one "l".

A colectivo applies to a van, a pick-up, a colectivo taxi an airport Suburban or anything that collects folks for fares.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Combi to los ayala or rincon

Thank you for the info....colectivo it is! A new word to add to our vocabulary and we are hoping to ride them back and forth to La Penita, Rincon and Los Ayala from Lo De Marcos.

Yes funkynassau, we are staying in LDM for 2 months and we absolutely love it there. We are interested in exploring a few other small places and we do have a booking in Los Ayala closer to the end of February. Now we are just needing to book 10 days before.

And yes we have been checking booking.com on a regular basis and have used them MANY times. It is just that when we type in the days we need, there are very few vacancies. I am sure we will find something and if not, we can always head to San Pancho or Sayulita. Lots of places there.

Stonewoman

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
408 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: Combi to los ayala or rincon

Stonewoman..try Bungalows San Miguel in Guayabitos. We are at Karo's hotel (brand new) in ) Rincon Resort??

Los Ayala..you could try them..google it .very nice $55 cdn a nite..but I think they are booked but you never know

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: Combi to los ayala or rincon

Lululemon,

Is the Karo's hotel in Los Ayala? Can't find any info on it. Are you in

Los Ayala now?

Thanks so much for your help!

Stonewoman

Reply to: Combi to los ayala or rincon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted